Cap One Credit Steps Finished!

tag
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Cap One Credit Steps Finished!

TL;DR credit step CLI $500

———————

Data points FWIW...

I app/approved for Cap One Platinum February 2017 for SL $500. Was placed onto the credit steps program with a promised $250 after 6 months. Used it heavily and mostly PIF with multiple monthly payments. A few times I let it report high utilization but knocked it back down the following month. I also screwed up one month and the payment posted 1 day after the closing date which reset 6 months on steps. All 3 credit bureaus posted th payment on time.  This was my only card for 6 months.

Upgraded to QS via PC link (search this board, you’ll find it). App and approved for QS1 with SL $500. This card also on credit steps with similar promise $250 future CLI. That will finish the credit steps program next year. App spree and added on Discover, Southwest, and QS1.

Logged into Cap One to double check on my payment this morning. Looked at the available credit and it looked wrong. Looked at the credit limit and realized I must have finished the credit steps program. CLI $500. 

Not or too bad for 9 months of rebuilding. Both Cap One cards are SD. They had a purpose to get me where I wanted to go. Now the game plan is to allow everything to age, merge the accounts into a single card or find something else with better rewards. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Cap One Credit Steps Finished!

Congratulations!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Credit Steps Finished!

Congrats on the milestone and the increase!! 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.