Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One PC to Venture success!!

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Cap One PC to Venture success!!

I've had a lot of success with Capital One lately. I recently had a $750 limit card with a $39 AF, 2% cash back on groceries and gas and 1% on everything else raised to $5k via the executive office. I asked them at the time if they could change it to a Venture and they said it was impossible to change it to a different product. That was last week. I just asked via the chat now feature online if I would be able to have the green 'Jimmy Falllon' card design sent to me. They transfered me a couple of times and said eventually said I had an offer, to upgrade to the 'Green' Cash Rewards 1% and .50% bonus card with no AF. I would have taken this, as the .50% bonus would mean more cash back than the extra .50% on just groceries and gas to me. So I pushed it and asked if I had an offer for the Venture card. They replied saying success, I had an offer for the 1.25 miles per dollar card with no AF. I said I actually wanted the 2 miles per dollar card so they went and checked again and again came back and said they're glad to inform me that I have an offer to upgrade to the 2 miles per dollar card with a $59 annual fee. I accepted and they said I'd receive my new card in 7-10 days. Am I right in thinking that I now have my first Visa Signature card? If so I'm stoked to have changed my original credit steps card stuck at $750 into a Visa Siggy!

EDIT - I'm actually wondering now if I will get a Visa Signature, as the card is currently a standard Platinum MasterCard. Any ideas?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap One PC to Venture success!!

Congrats! Thats really good news! What number did you call by chance?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I just used the 'Chat Now' feature online.
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Sorry; What number did you call for the executive office so get the increase?

Message 4 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I just emailed the CEO and the executive office called me.
Message 5 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

Wow not only did you get a CLI but was able to PC to the card of your choice... What were your scores and UTIL on your cap 1 card prior to contacting the EO?

Message 6 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@breedo wrote:
I just emailed the CEO and the executive office called me.

Thanks I will do this since my Cap One has not moved grown in a year. This gives me hope! Congrats BTW

Message 7 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Congrats!

Chat now is actually pretty good for PCs. There's a couple success stories around here of people getting em done easily, or I guess you could say, with "no hassle."
Message 8 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Prior to contacting the EO, score was Walmart TU 651 (after a recent app spree) and UTIL was about 2% on the card.

Message 9 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I was very surprised they did it, especially after the lady who got me my CLI at the EO said it was impossible. Also, it goes to show that when you use 'Chat Now' they don't tell you all your offers upfront, I had to keep pushing to eventually get him to say I was eligible to upgrade to Venture 2. I logged in this morning and my cash rewards balance has already converted into miles!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.