cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Venture Approval--Now My Highest Limit...

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Cap One Venture Approval--Now My Highest Limit...

I was originally going back and forth between this card and the QS last Sept. after deciding to try to get back into Cap. One's good graces after screwing up 3 cards with them more than 10 years ago (but paying them off after court action was taken) and opted for the QS. After seeing all the recent buzz about the Venture card I went to the pre-qual site and was pre-qualified for Venture, QS, and Platinum. App'ed for Venture and received instant $15K approval. This is now my highest limit. I don't do a lot of traveling, but decided to burn the 3 inq's to hopefully help my util. and after getting several turn downs for CLI's from some of the other creditors recently--incl. Cap. One-LOL!  Thinking it might be time to say so long to a couple of my lower limit unnecessary cards...

AMEX Blue Cash Evdy-$10K ll Capital One Venture-$15K Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K ll

Chase Sapphire Prefereed VS-$5K ll Capital One QS
Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Mastercard/Synchrony-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/Synchrony-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7.5K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$8K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K
ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.75K ll Union Plus Mastercard/Capital One-$2K

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap One Venture Approval--Now My Highest Limit...

Congrats!
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet ,.. Congrats.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats GREAT, congrats on your Venture approval. 

Message 4 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I was originally going back and forth between this card and the QS last Sept. after deciding to try to get back into Cap. One's good graces after screwing up 3 cards with them more than 10 years ago (but paying them off after court action was taken) and opted for the QS. After seeing all the recent buzz about the Venture card I went to the pre-qual site and was pre-qualified for Venture, QS, and Platinum. App'ed for Venture and received instant $15K approval. This is now my highest limit. I don't do a lot of traveling, but decided to burn the 3 inq's to hopefully help my util. and after getting several turn downs for CLI's from some of the other creditors recently--incl. Cap. One-LOL!  Thinking it might be time to say so long to a couple of my lower limit unnecessary cards...

AMEX Blue Cash Evdy-$10K ll Capital One Venture-$15K Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$13K ll

Chase Sapphire Prefereed VS-$5K ll Capital One QS
Visa Signature-$5K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-$2.5K ll Wal Mart Mastercard/Synchrony-$2K ll
Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/Synchrony-$2.5K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7.5K ll
Coldwater Creek M/C-$5K ll Credit Union Visa-$2.5K ll FNBO AMEX-$8K ll Barclay Rewards WMC-$2.5K ll Chase Freedom-$1.5K
ll Camping World Good Sam Visa-$2.75K ll Union Plus Mastercard/Capital One-$2K

Sweet, grats on your Venture approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Got the same limit. Waiting patiently for it in the mail

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 6 of 24
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 24
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

BIG CONGRATS on the Venture!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.