Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One automatic CLI!

tag
dizzydee
Established Member

Cap One automatic CLI!

Hi Folks, 

Just wanted to share some news. I just hit my 6 th month mark with Cap One and woke up to an increase on my cl. I originally had a $500 cl and they increased it on their won without me requesting it to $750. Not much, but a start. I know they can be stingy with their increases, but I wanted to share the news.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
S7
Established Contributor

Re: Cap One automatic CLI!

yay! Smiley Happy

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 2 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

I would say this is the standard credit step(s) CLI they give after the 5th statement. 

Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beb86 wrote:

I would say this is the standard credit step(s) CLI they give after the 5th statement. 

yeap i received my first increase to 750. Then to 1,000 and eventually 1,500. Now I've been stuck here for years. But congratulations, nonetheless.

Message 5 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The credit steps program is great for newish credit card users! Positive rewards for good behavior always beats negative reenforcement. Way To go!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 10
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

That is not a credit limit increase, that is their credit step program.  It ends after one step. 

You may never get another increase from that.  I got a credit step from $300 to $500 and I have never gotten anything since then!  I have gotten much higher limits from other banks and limit increases too from the others!  In fact, the Capone card I have is the lowest limit I have.  It was not until 3 days ago.  I had a Belks card I got 3 months ago which had a $200 limit and I have never used.  They seemed fit to give me a limit of $800 for never using their card.  (Yeah, I find that a bit amusing, but what the heck.)  Walmart started me off with $500 and after 3 months raised it to $1000 and I hardly use the card.  I don't think I have charged more than $225 to the card. 

Good luck

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 10
colindidit
Established Contributor

Yeah that's happened with all my capital ones so far...been stuck at 750 with all 3 for a while...feels like ill never get any higher. Anyone had success recently with automatic increases on cap one?
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 9 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1 It's a credit step, but a CLI is good by any means!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.