cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 SOFT pulls on certain CLI requests . . .

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 SOFT pulls on certain CLI requests . . .

Got an email from CapitalOne this morning, congratulating me on my 7 year anniversary with them, and asking "If we can ever do anything for you . . ." 

Welllll, since you aaaskedd . . . .  Smiley Wink

I did the online chat thing, and asked them if they HARD pulled or SOFT pulled if I requested an increase, and she said if I used either the online chat or the automated phone system to request a CLI, there would NOT be a hard inquiry on my account.  She did throw in the caveat that certain types of accounts weren't eligible for this including Secured Card accounts, accounts enrolled in the Credit Steps program, accounts that are less than six months old, and accounts that have received a credit line increase or decrease in the last six months.

I had her check when I last received a CLI, and since it was last September, I'm going to wait until 6 months (altho she was encouraging me to apply, I'm not sure why, since I was clearly less than 6 months.  I'm about to refi our mortgage, so I can't risk any HPs and didn't even want an automatic rejection if I was within the 6 months she JUST told me about).

Anyway, thought the information might be useful.  Mine is a 7 year old CapitalOne Platinum card, with a $2,500 CL.  My scores are in the 670s-690s right now.

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: Cap1 SOFT pulls on certain CLI requests . . .

Wow congratz on your 7 year aniv.. Yea those CSRs encourage you to do everything under the moon and be knowing that it will be declined... shame on them..
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 6
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Well, I didn't want to "hear what I wanted to hear," kwim?  Thanks for the congrats!  Hard to believe that my darkest financial hours are now 5-7 years in my rear-view mirror.  With all of my major derogs now settled or gone, and my CCs all paid down to $0 each month, the only thing I can do to improve my scores is get some higher CL cards, and let the remaining baddies age further and further into my past.

Pigeye

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the infomation. Good to know

Message 4 of 6
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Hard to believe that my darkest financial hours are
now 5-7 years in my rear-view mirror. With
all of my major derogs now settled or gone,
and my CCs all paid down to $0 each month,
the only thing I can do to improve my scores
is get some higher CL cards, and let the
remaining baddies age further and further into
my past.

I couldn't be more happier on your behalf OP but obviously not anywhere near as much as you must be right now.

Many Congrats! on a daunting task well done.

Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Hard to believe that my darkest financial hours are
now 5-7 years in my rear-view mirror. With
all of my major derogs now settled or gone,
and my CCs all paid down to $0 each month,
the only thing I can do to improve my scores
is get some higher CL cards, and let the
remaining baddies age further and further into
my past.

I couldn't be more happier on your behalf OP but obviously not anywhere near as much as you must be right now.

Many Congrats! on a daunting task well done.

Smiley Happy

Thanks!  I'll have to post my entire journey onto a thread someday -- it's been quite a ride.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.