Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 and their measly increases

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cap1 and their measly increases

To @BrutalBodyShots question, some data points.

When I got 3x CLI ($1k-$3k) for QS1 after the fourth statement, the only other cards I had were a $1k Platinum (same age as QS1), and a $5k Venture not quite three months old.

In the same session as the QS1 CLI, I got 3x CLI ($1k-3k) for Platinum and a $4k CLI for Venture ($5k-$9k). TU at the time was 688.

Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting.  So when you had the $1k limit on the QS1 they clearly saw that you had another card with 5x that limit... so perhaps they were more generous in their CLI.  I wonder if you didn't have that $5k limit card if they would have given you a 3x increase on your QS1 or if it would have been less.

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows, possibly. Usage on all three was heavy, history of PIF. Normal UTI was around 20%.  At time of CLI's, UTI for all three was about 40%.

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if a higher temporary utilization would increase odds of a greater CLI with Capital One.  Perhaps PIF every month then letting a 40% utilization report just prior to going for a CLI may yield a different result.  Of course you take the temporary score hit by letting that 40% post, but perhaps they like to see that high utilization on occasion.  I didn't think that most liked seeing that, and that 0-9% was the ideal range but I suppose the argument can be made either way depending on who is looking at it.

Message 54 of 56
black_citi
Established Contributor

My QS (although not a rebuilder) started with a 3k limit. 6 months later I hit the luv for another G. Approved. Another 6 months or so I ATTEMPTED to ask for another G on their site but stopped short of hitting the luv. I figured I didn't need it. The next day I get an email "congrats you've been approved for a credit limit increase" or something to that effect. They gave me the G anyways. Me and cap1 were made for each other lol. I hope to never burn them (or any other ccc for that matter).

If I had a rebuilder or if my credit wasn't as good, my situation might be a bit different.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting a $200 offer for my QS1 for the past 3 weeks which I've declined. I have several cards with balances right now, some with high utilization because I'm taking advantage of 0% offers. My scores are: EQ 653/TU 660/EX 652 (all because of utilization..no baddies). Hit the luv button again today and was given an increase of $3500 for a total CL of $5500. I gladly accepted that offer. Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.