cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne Auto CLI On Not One, But TWO Cards!

tag
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

CapOne Auto CLI On Not One, But TWO Cards!

Just wanted to post this for a data point to help others with cracking the Capital One CLI code or simply just sharing my experience.

I have two CapOne cards - Platinum Card for Newcomers (no longer available) and Quicksilver One. I was instantly approved for one and the other I received in the mail after a further review message. So they were issued a little over a week apart. Both were at a $1000 limit.

At the issuance of the sixth statement, both were increased to $1500. I did not request either. I simply logged in and my limits had changed. Both occurred this month since January is the 6th statement issuance.

My Newcomers card was at a zero balance. The QS card is carrying $450 from holiday shopping (it's 0% on purchases through Aug. '14) that will be paid off next month. Newcomers was always paid off before interest could hit since it has high interest and it is only used for travel which gives 2% cash back. So both cards were handled a little differently.

I'll take 'em either way.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Mads8
Established Member

Re: CapOne Auto CLI On Not One, But TWO Cards!

Congrats! You were probably enrolled in Credit Steps, they automatically increase it at the sixth statement if you have been good. & then apparently so I have heard...NEVER increase it again.

Cap One Quicksilver 500, Cap One Quicksilver 750, VS 400, Buckle 250, Express 300, Ann Taylor 250, Amazon Store Card 1900, Walmart 600, Barclays Financing Visa Card 2000, BestBuy MC Gold 500 Target 300
EQ 650 3/5/14
TU WALMART 675 3/5/14
Message 2 of 11
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

@Mads8 wrote:

Congrats! You were probably enrolled in Credit Steps, they automatically increase it at the sixth statement if you have been good. & then apparently so I have heard...NEVER increase it again.

I wouldn't be surprised if I never see a CLI again. I kept low expectations going into my relationship with them and didn't expect to get anything from them at all. I am using them to rebuild only.

I'm not familiar with Credit Steps and I know it was never mentioned on any literature I received from them, but I can buy into that being the case also. Nice to be rewarded for being good Smiley Happy

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
Mads8
Established Member

Yes they are really good for rebuilding, I have the same two you have. They also have great customer service if you contact their Executive Office. I am thankful that they approved me when no on else would. We all have that to be thankful for!

Cap One Quicksilver 500, Cap One Quicksilver 750, VS 400, Buckle 250, Express 300, Ann Taylor 250, Amazon Store Card 1900, Walmart 600, Barclays Financing Visa Card 2000, BestBuy MC Gold 500 Target 300
EQ 650 3/5/14
TU WALMART 675 3/5/14
Message 5 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats OP on your CLI's Smiley Happy

@Mads8 wrote:

It is not true for all, I had their credit steps card, started at 500, 7 mo was at 750, 1 yr to 1250, 2.5 yr to 2750, I terminated it in Nov, didnt need it anymore, it served its purpose.

Message 6 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats X2 sweettea 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Double congrats!!!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Decent auto-CLI on both indeed!

Message 9 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@sweettea wrote:

Just wanted to post this for a data point to help others with cracking the Capital One CLI code or simply just sharing my experience.

I have two CapOne cards - Platinum Card for Newcomers (no longer available) and Quicksilver One. I was instantly approved for one and the other I received in the mail after a further review message. So they were issued a little over a week apart. Both were at a $1000 limit.

At the issuance of the sixth statement, both were increased to $1500. I did not request either. I simply logged in and my limits had changed. Both occurred this month since January is the 6th statement issuance.

My Newcomers card was at a zero balance. The QS card is carrying $450 from holiday shopping (it's 0% on purchases through Aug. '14) that will be paid off next month. Newcomers was always paid off before interest could hit since it has high interest and it is only used for travel which gives 2% cash back. So both cards were handled a little differently.

I'll take 'em either way.

Congrats on the AUTO CLI!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.