Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One CLI LUV Declined

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI LUV Declined

@1_2 wrote:

I have about come to the conclusion that if you have ever used Captial One for a rebuilder you will be stuck forever with tiny limits. They are great for rebuilders. They will give you chance when hardly anyone else will. 

They probably do things differently for people who come to them with great credit. I just know I have only ever gotten one credit limit increase from them..from 300.00 to 500 while I have and had other cards with limits in the the thousands at the time they granted me the whopping 200.00 increase, lol

I do appreciate them giving me a chance though. 

+1

Thats as far as it goes and at that point u just gotta move to a better card. ( cap1 did its job)

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 21 of 57
bk510
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Remember0 wrote:

Straight from the denial letter online.

4 year old card, last cli was 3.5 years ago (credit steps 4 months after opening). Current cl is $500 (for perspective I'm at 18k w/ AMEX & 7.5k w/ barclays). When opened it was called the Student Rewards VISA, they PCed it to cash rewards (the green card) at some point ~2 years ago.

Thanks for the PM! Sent an email, will update with what they do.

I'd say you're an excellent candidate for EO intervention.  Goodluck!

lol. after 4 yrs? u think......

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 22 of 57
bk510
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@bk510 wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@rudy0720 wrote:

it means use don't use your card enough so they can't justify the increase

That notice sounds very general. 

I'm curious if this was on the online document aka the denial letter.

The problem is they all sound general. But in reality thats not the real true reason as to y the OP didnt get tha cli.

They wanna have us thinking 1 way, so they can confuse and manipulate us the consumers for their profit.

This credit game is all mental.

lol. You're funny. Smiley Happy

I know I'm funny, lol

But whats ur take on what I said tho?

Message 23 of 57
zeedakay

I have to agree with the credit builder comments. I've had my cap one for over 3 years and it started at $300. The discover I acquired a year and a half ago was playing catch up until around $2000. I decided to call discover last weekend for a cli just cause and they added another $1000. Feeling lucky I called cap one for the same thing and got declined for not using much of my availability. Its been over 10 months since my last cap one cli and my scores have been rising for over a year steadily. Whatever, It is my new favorite lol 

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Current Scores: EQ FICO 685 (03/25/2014), EX N/A, TU FICO 697 (04/14/2014)
Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 12/2013 - No apps until 2015
Starting Score: 535
Current Score: 697
Goal Score: 750

Message 24 of 57
Remember0
Valued Contributor

For those who asked, my current cl is $500. It was $300 when first opened, and increased to $500 after 4 months of timely payments back them with credit steps. Stayed at $500 ever since.

No annual fee. 24.9% APR instead. No worries, it has the regular grace period, and I always PIF. Will never carry a balance on this card especially, obviously.

If they don't give me a higher limit or do something silly like giving me $750 or $1k, I won't close. It's a positive open tradeline w/ no annual fee. I'll just sock drawer it (like it pretty much was before I started using it the last 3-6 months hoping for a cli) and buy a pack of gum on it every once in a while so they don't cancel it. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 57
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Let us know what the EO says. I'd like to know how EO reacts to such cases. 

My experience with Cap One has not been bad overall. 

Their Platinum was my second CC in the US after my CU. They started with $500 and the credit steps, and increased it to $2000 on the sixth statement. Before 12 months were over, I tried for a PC and got the Quicksilver without any hassle, and no annual fees. It did not really strike me to try earlier, but anyways. However, after that they have not given me a CLI. I've posted elsewhere their response(s). 

I guess my file is still thin and like what some other members said, it's probably because of things like utilization and credit age. If towards the end of the year, Cap One doesn't change, I'll probably take the EO route. I'm pretty sure my profile will look much better then.

Message 26 of 57
keratella

"A credit limit increase is currently not available upon request because Capital One is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limits."

Perhaps they are currently in the process of reviewing credit limits for auto CLIs. My first card when I moved to the US 5 years ago was the Capital One platinum with a $3k limit. I never really used it much. Last month I tried for a CLI and was told no because I don't use it enough. I then decided to start using it more so called and changed it to the Quicksilver. Last week they increased my limit to $8k before I even started charging things on it and without me asking.

Message 27 of 57
Remember0
Valued Contributor

The EO is certainly quick. A little after 24 hrs. since my email I got a call from a very nice rep. She asked me basic stuff (income, rent, cl I want) and sent in the request. Said it could take 5-10 days.

BTW I asked for 7.5k lol, but did indicate I would be willing to accept less.

Message 28 of 57
1_2
Contributor

Good luck! I hope you get your increase. Do keep us posted. 

Closed on home Jan 30, 2013. Yay!

Capital One (secured) $1000.00 | Capital One (former Orchard Bank) $500.00 | First Premier $500.00 | Credit One Bank $750.00 | Wal-Mart $3550.00 | Citi Thank You Preferred $6,800.00 | Discover It $4,800.00 | AMEX BCE $4,500.00
Message 29 of 57
z00ming

In a similar situation here.. I asked for CLI and received the same vague response.  Card has been open for 2 years next month.  Started rebuilding with 2k CL and I've had two auto CLIs, one for 500 and one for 1k.  Just had some baddies come off and another comes off next month, so I'm waiting for all three bureaus to update before applying for new credit.  In the mean time, I'd be happy with a decent CLI on this card as opposed to the small ones they've given me.

In contrast with OP, I use my card ALL THE TIME and make multiple payments a month.  My interpretation of the reason given was that I may have been flagged for too much spending given the credit limit (is that even possible?).  After seeing this, I'm convinced it's just a generic way of saying NO!  The score they quoted on my denial letter was 733, about 100 pts higher than when I opened the card.

I want to try my hand at the EO, could someone please PM me the recommened phone/e-mail to contact?

Thanks!

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.