Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One CLI LUV Declined

@z00ming: PM Sent with EO information!

Message 31 of 57
isuspectnargles
Valued Member

Let us know!!!!

Btw, LOL at the CLD comment. Cap One will CLD you in a heartbeat if any major derogs show up on your CBR, including derogs like debt to income. Not for inactivity, though.

FICO 646EX 649EQ 630TU | Walmart 677TU | CreditKarma 641TU | Quizzle VantageScore 680 | Current Goal 700

NavCheck $15k | NFCU cashRewards $9k | Capital One Plat $2.85k | Citi $2.8k | CareCredit $2.7k | Capital One QS1 $2.6k | Walmart $2k | Chase Amazon Rewards $1k
Message 32 of 57
aldehydes
New Visitor

I've had nothing but bad experiences with their online CLI request. My card is at least two years old now and my limit is stuck at $750. I often pay at least twice a month because the limit is so low. I have three other credit cards and they range from $2200 to $5000.

The first time I requested an increase, I got denied because my credit score apparently wasn't high enough. At the time, my Equifax score was in the mid 600s and my Transunion score was around 720. The major thing holding me back is the age of my credit history since I'm only 21.

I requested another increase a few days ago and today I got denied yet again. The reasoning this time was that I had a delinquincy on one of my accounts within the last 6-9 months. I knew this wasn't true because I always pay off all of my cards in full and on time, and I double checked my Equifax (the bureau they pulled from for the CLI) to make sure everything was fine. I called customer service and the rep told me my account looked beautiful (everything paid on time and large amounts paid at a time) and directed me to her supervisor. Her supervisor was extremely condescending and told me there was nothing she can do. I asked to speak to someone that could manually look over my accounts and she said no one has the ability to do that and that all CLIs requests are automated..

I'm just going to email the EO and see what they can do.

Message 33 of 57
Remember0
Valued Contributor

So I logged in today and what do I see? My 500 cl account has been increased to 3k! Cap One is no longer my lowest limit CC (BofA has that distinction now with a 2.5k limit).

The EO is awesome. I'll take a soft inq 6x cli anyday haha. I just can't figure out why they don't do this on the internet/with regular CSRs. Whatever though...in a way I'm really glad the system didn't auto approve me for a $500 cli or something.

Message 34 of 57
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Remember0 wrote:

So I logged in today and what do I see? My 500 cl account has been increased to 3k! Cap One is no longer my lowest limit CC (BofA has that distinction now with a 2.5k limit).

The EO is awesome. I'll take a soft inq 6x cli anyday haha. I just can't figure out why they don't do this on the internet/with regular CSRs. Whatever though...in a way I'm really glad the system didn't auto approve me for a $500 cli or something.

Congrats!!!!! Worth the wait then!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 35 of 57
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

ok i onlined chat and got switched from a platinum card to a quicksilver one card but they kept my annual fee and wouldnt give me a cli online or on chat beacue they gave me one via the luv button a month ago from 750 to 1250. does anyone think i have a chance at eo love to get my annual fee dropped or another cli. if so can someone pm there email and whats the best thing to tell them.

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 36 of 57
z00ming

Update...

I had previously reached out to these guys via Facebook and they told me to use the LUV button.  After this generic denial reason, I reached out to them once again and they forwarded my info over to the EO.  EO rep called me a few hours later and we discussed my request.  He took down some basic info (income, credit limit requested, etc) and said he would submit this for manual review and I would have an answer within 3-5 business days.

Fast foward to today (2 business days later) and I see online that my CL has doubled! Success!  I aimed high, asking for just over a 3x increase, expecting them to counter and they came back with 2x.  Very happy with this increase as it will make it much easier to carry any balances without sending my utilization up to high!

Thanks to all on the board that suggested getting the EO involved!

Message 37 of 57
norhplatter
Established Member

I asked Cap 1 for a CLI and was decline.  The last week I look at my accounts on line and one of them had an increase.  It was my rewards card but hey.  I actually have 5 Cap 1 cards.  I had three with Cap1, and then HSBC and Orchard got bought out by Cap1 and those two cards transferred over.  I had one more with an APR of 24.99% so I cancelled it out.

Message 38 of 57
mdcFICO

ok guys, maybe you can help me. i recently recieved a denial letter citing the same vague reasons for no CLI. "Capitol One is evaluating account activity at assigned credit limits". The rep on the phone could not explain what this meant. This was my first ever revolving account and my oldest open account (7 years, 10 months). It opened at a CL of $300 and I have never recieved a CLI!!! I have been denied twice. The account has 2 missed payments ever (23 months ago and 35 months ago). I haven't used the card in a few months because it expired and i moved and never recieved the new card; a mistake on my part. My Credit Karma score is 678 and quickly rising as i decrease my utilization. I am not sure what the EO is, but i'm pretty sure i need their help. Are they just denying me because they know it'll be suicide if i close my oldest account? Please help, I do not know what to do from here.

Starting Score: 656 CK
Current Score: 678 CK
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 57
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

The EO is (Executive Office).Google it, it's easy to find. It will take up to 2-4 days to contact you. Just tell them what you want, be courteous. Tell them about your expired card that they never sent you a new card. They won't like that they missed out on money because of some automated error. Hopefully they will initiate a credit increase for the inconvenience or just plain old ask them.
Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.