Re: Capital One CLI-OMG!!!

Congrats! awesome job!

Message 31 of 74
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

I love reading these success stories! Congratulations!! 😀
FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 32 of 74
crrredit
Established Contributor

That's a really good bump. Wouldn't have believed it without the pic! Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats awesome!

Message 34 of 74
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Congrats I wish they would increase mine. I got my credit steps last month to 750 but nothing else so far. I called the backdoor number and requested a manual review for a increase and still denied. I got a 3k cash rewards card from nfcu and a 15k cloc but capital one still won't increase. All well already sock drawer the capital one.
Message 35 of 74
crrredit
Established Contributor

@undrtkr65 wrote:
Congrats I wish they would increase mine. I got my credit steps last month to 750 but nothing else so far. I called the backdoor number and requested a manual review for a increase and still denied. I got a 3k cash rewards card from nfcu and a 15k cloc but capital one still won't increase. All well already sock drawer the capital one.

Sorry, this is too late to help you, but for those reading it might come in handy. You have to ask for an increase from Cap One before your credit steps increase hits. Once that hits, you have to wait 6 months before you can get another increase. So ask starting with your second statement. The credit steps increase will still happen even if they gave you an increase already. And that increase is usually much better than the scheduled credit steps increase. 

Message 36 of 74
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@crrredit wrote:

@undrtkr65 wrote:

Sorry, this is too late to help you, but for those reading it might come in handy. You have to ask for an increase from Cap One before your credit steps increase hits. Once that hits, you have to wait 6 months before you can get another increase. So ask starting with your second statement. The credit steps increase will still happen even if they gave you an increase already. And that increase is usually much better than the scheduled credit steps increase. 

This. ^ Unfortunately if you don't do it before credit steps, you have to wait the 6 months. There's probably no harm in pressing the luv button but I haven't heard of many (if any) times when people get CLI from Capital One early.

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 37 of 74
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congrats congrats Smiley Wink
Message 38 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  I was in the same boat as you,  had the secured for a few years,  got a quicksilver in november and kept hitting the luv with no luck,  was told to wait until that 6th statement.  well you inspired me,  just hit the luv button for a $2500 increase!  thanks for posting this!

Message 39 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice CLI! WTG! Big congrats!

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.