Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One CLI-OMG!!!

Amazingness!! Congrats!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 51 of 74
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

I'm going to request a credit limit increase on my 12th and I'm at 2000 also should I just expect 1000 more as well
Message 52 of 74
Windowguy
Valued Member

congrats

Message 53 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was inspired by this post. I opened my 2 Capital One cards about 4 years ago. Already had an HSBC cc when it converted to Capital One too, with a $1800 limit. But, before the conversion, I apped for the 2 Capital One cards, so they wouldn't deny me for already having an existing Cap 1 card.So I was approved for the 2 cards, one regular $300, one platinum $500. So I was rebuilding and happy they were able to approve me for anything.
had the credit steps, where they increased the first after 5 months to $500 and the other to $750. Then the first was eventually increased to $750 a few months later.

Fast forward to 4 years and they have sat at those limits since. Always denied an increase. So I saw the OPs comments and thought what the heck? I'll try again too. Last night I tried one card and it immediately approved me for an additional $1000. Same with the other. Both cards are now at $1750 each. Tried my original HSBC converted card, which has never increased since being converted to Cap 1. It approved me for an additional $200, bringing it to $2000. So very happy. I love this forum
Message 54 of 74
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Congrats! That's HUGE!

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 55 of 74
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

That is AWESOME! Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 56 of 74
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Awesome Smiley Wink
Message 57 of 74
ptrain
Regular Contributor

Drops mic.........walks off stage!!!

Fabulous increase, congrats!

Starting Score: 541 (May 2014)
Current Score: EX:680, EQ:690, TU:701
Goal Score: 700 across the board
Message 58 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

My Discover TU Fico from my signature is correct (624). Though it's probably a couple points higher right now because when my statements closed 12 days ago, I had about a 10% utilization on two cards and no balance on my other two whereas the statements before that, I had probably 20% utilization on those two cards that had 10% utilization this time. I also have an open collection I'm paying on (the last payment will debit my bank account tonight). And I have another small medical collection from 2013 that is unpaid because I'm disputing the balance currently. So not a stellar profile to say the least. I'm really quite blown away. And my income is average I think? Low for my current area but probably mid-high in other areas. I don't know how much income plays into it. But my income hasn't really increased since I applied for the card 4.5 months ago anyway. 

👋🏼 hello... I have both QS1 & platinum MC... Was just wondering if you got your credit steps increase and for how much ? That was an awesome CLI! How much were you running on the card monthly?tia!

Message 59 of 74
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Creditdreamer wrote:

Thank you guys! I'm totally blown away. I figured IF I got an increase, it would be 500-1500 based on a ton of different threads I've read. This is just completely unexpected.

Congrats! A friend of mine got his $500 QuikcSilver One in early December 2015... he pushed the button every month for 6 months (no love)... then when his credit steps kicked in.. the morning after his 6th statement he got a $3000 increase from $500 to $3500.. just like you he was blown away! He put $7000 through the card in the first 6 months.. which was a ton of work with only a $500 credit line Smiley Wink

CONGRATS AGAIN!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 60 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.