Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Dining card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Dining card

I thought I'd post to add a data point. I was accepted for the Premier Dining card by Cap1. I got a 10K limit which is my highest. I have my scores in the 770 range for FICOs. But my income is only 20K annually.

I already have two 2% back cards and the Marvel card for 3% Dining. The reason I got the card was for no FTFs, as I'm planning a trip overseas and dining and groceries will be big expenses (I don't travel enough for a dedicated travel card, nor am I loyal to a brand, just whatever is cheapest with my requirements). Having no min redemption is also a plus. But I also needed a MasterCard as I have 2 Visas with no FTF and a Discover.

Overall a big win, as I have never had a relationship with Cap1 and hope that they may treat me well.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kaw943
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Dining card

Congrats on the approval, have fun on your trip.
Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I thought I'd post to add a data point. I was accepted for the Premier Dining card by Cap1. I got a 10K limit which is my highest. I have my scores in the 770 range for FICOs. But my income is only 20K annually.

I already have two 2% back cards and the Marvel card for 3% Dining. The reason I got the card was for no FTFs, as I'm planning a trip overseas and dining and groceries will be big expenses (I don't travel enough for a dedicated travel card, nor am I loyal to a brand, just whatever is cheapest with my requirements). Having no min redemption is also a plus. But I also needed a MasterCard as I have 2 Visas with no FTF and a Discover.

Overall a big win, as I have never had a relationship with Cap1 and hope that they may treat me well.

What is your AAoA?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

A little over 3 years for AAoA.
Message 4 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 11
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on this card. I got this one a couple of months ago and am really enjoying it. Just in case you were not aware, it also does 2% at discount stores. (i.e. Walmart)

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your new card and your trip. Have fun!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

2% on discount stores? Either they didn't advertise it or the MCC is groceries at your Walmart. If it is, I'll be even happier. And thanks for the congrats from everyone.
Message 8 of 11
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Congrats OP! This is a card that I really want, but I can't upgrade nor get a prequal for it. Guess C1 isn't happy with how little I use my QS. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 9 of 11
torebuild2014
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
2% on discount stores? Either they didn't advertise it or the MCC is groceries at your Walmart. If it is, I'll be even happier. And thanks for the congrats from everyone.

They told me during a question I asked on the chat, so I used the card at the local Walmart Superstore and it is definitely calculating at 2%. I obviously cannot speak for every Walmart but it worked at this one and I have used it several times(see below)

(From Statement ). (edited to remove store number)

09/12/2017WAL-MART #XXXX ($35.38)$0.71 CashEarn

09/05/2017WAL-MART #XXXX ($34.56)$0.69 CashEarn

Capital one chat regarding questions I have about the Premier Dining Rewards card categories.

You

01:13 PM

Jason

Hello torebuild2014

Jason

Glad to have you on chat. How may I assist you today?

You

01:14 PM

I have a question about the Dining Premier Card. Can you tell me what qualifies for dining and groceries

Jason

01:16 PM

I will be right with you.

Jason

01:16 PM

You will earn unlimited 3% cash back on dining, 2% on groceries, and 1% on all other purchases.

Eating Places and Restaurants 

Drinking Places: Bars, Taverns, Nightclubs, Cocktail Lounges, and Discotheques and 

Fast Food Restaurants are consider as Dining. 

Jason

01:17 PM

Discount Stores.

Grocery Stores and Supermarkets

Freezer and Locker Meat Provisioner

Candy, Nut, and Confectionery Stores

Dairy Products Stores

Bakeries and 

Miscellaneous Food Stores: Convenience Stores and Specialty Markets are consider as groceries.

You

01:18 PM

What is considered a discount store?

Jason

01:19 PM

Discount Stores mean any merchant provide Discount on their product. 

You

Like Walmart?

You

or Sams

Jason

Yes, that is correct, if Walmart provided discount it may consider as Discount Stores.

You

01:20 PM

okay thanks

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.