Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 11 of 20
dokturshoo
Established Member

Re: Capital One Increase..Yay

@dallasareaguy wrote:

@dokturshoo wrote:

How can I find out when mine was first opened?

@dallasareaguy wrote:

180 days is the exact science for increase offers from the LUV button... I've tested it on multiple CapOne cards. 179 is too short. 180 is when the offer comes in!

If your increase was today, December 20th is your next online shot by my calculation!

Congrats!

If you don't keep a log like I do (ha!).... You can jump into chat with a rep on Capital One's site once logged in and they can tell you the date your account was created as well as when your last CLI was. You can use that to make your various calculations. Capital One doesn't require (currently) 6 months for the first CLI. Many people report getting one after approximately the 3rd statement. I haven't been able to determine the exact science to when it is available (if approved).

It's definitely a YMMV thing... because I have a friend that opened a $500 QS1.... couldn't get a single increase until he hit credit steps... he put through $8000 in 6 months of opening the card and they gave him a $3000 increase automatically the morning after his 6th statement cut.... while other's have reported getting anywhere from $100-$3000 increases on the QS1 card after 60-90 days (approx 3rd statement) with good behavior of course.

Thanks!  I don't keep a log (I guess that's a new aspiration as I garden.)  When I request a CLI I keep getting this error in a 2-3 day letter:

"The credit reporting agency has reported a recent credit delinquency"

When I call them they tell me they don't see a deliquency on my credit profile.  Strange because at the same time they gave me a QS1...  Ill find out when my Steps date comes to fruition...

Filed: 9/15 | Meeting: 10/15 | Discharged: 12/15
Auto Loan: 12/15 - $21,500 | Cap1Plat: 01/16 - $1K
Message 12 of 20
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Yay me too, after trying twice this month to get an increase, I hit the luv button today and got another $1,000! So that puts my QS1 at $3,000

For a data points -

Opened May 2015 at the suggestion of a forum member, opening limit = $500

At the suggestion of the same person, asked for a line increase after 90 days $500 + $1000 = $1,500

Card has gone from 0% UTL all the way up to 94% and now back down to 29% after my recent payment (6/21)

Overall UTL is now 17% with this line increase, EX reports 35% as my Capital One cards have not reported yet.

Tempted to apply for other cards, but I want to save my HP's for something else, so it's soft pulls for CLI's until further notice.

Message 13 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Nice CLI

Message 14 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Grats on the increase!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone Smiley Happy 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just saw that someone else was approved a CLI so I tried my luck.

Cap.PNG

I've had this card since December 2014 and they granted an increase from $300 to $400 (3rd month) to $750 (final credit step) on 6/25/2015. Requested an increase 12/27/2015 and they upped it to $1750. So it seems like every 6 months is the trick!!!

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Go out and enjoy your new limit!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice congrats on your CLI!
Message 19 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.