cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Journey to Quicksilver PC Success!

tag
watsmyscore

Capital One Journey to Quicksilver PC Success!

Contacted Capital one via Facebook with a nice message requesting to PC from journey to quicksilver, they asked for a few details.

I got a call from the executive office the next day he asked me to confirm my birthday, and said he was able to change me over to the quicksilver with no annual fee.

He said he cant to anything about my limit or APR but said to call back in 6 months. 

Background info: Opened Journey as first CC at 18 years old with no history. now account is almost 2years old. Ficos are at 740. 

So it is possible to PC journey to quicksilver.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Journey to Quicksilver PC Success!

@watsmyscore wrote:

Contacted Capital one via Facebook with a nice message requesting to PC from journey to quicksilver, they asked for a few details.

I got a call from the executive office the next day he asked me to confirm my birthday, and said he was able to change me over to the quicksilver with no annual fee.

He said he cant to anything about my limit or APR but said to call back in 6 months. 

Background info: Opened Journey as first CC at 18 years old with no history. now account is almost 2years old. Ficos are at 740. 

Thanks!

Another successful PC congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 19
millenion
Established Member

@watsmyscore wrote:

Thanks!

What did you say in your message to convince them to do the conversion? I contacted them through face book as well and they gave me the run around instead of helping me change mines. My card is over year old no baddies at all. I currently also have the cap1 cash rewards as well but I just like the design of the quicksilver. lol

Message 3 of 19
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

nice, i was upgraded a few days ago

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 4 of 19
watsmyscore

This was the inital message I sent over: 

"Hello, I just wanted to personally thank you guys for such a positive experience thus far. I have been a Capital One member for almost two years and this was my first credit card.

I noticed that a new card recently came out and I would like to change my Capital One Platinum card to the New Quicksilver Card.

If you guys can get back to me, I would greatly appreciate it!

Once again thank for your providing such an outstanding product and having excellent customer service!"

It was followed by them asking for me to check if I see the upgrade before they proceed:

" I can certainly understand wanting to upgrade to the Quicksilver Rewards - it's absolutely the hot new thing this summer! Before we go any further; have you looked online to see if your account is eligible for an upgrade? Go to capitalone.com and look under Account -> Modify Your Features -> Your Features -> Get Started; you may already have the ability to upgrade!"

I replied that I dont see any offers.

After that they asked for my name, zipcode, phone number and best time to contact me. 

When I got a call back, I was immidiatly told after confirming my DOB that they can switch me over. After confirming my address and stateing that I agree to the new terms over the phone (Its recorded, verbal agreement) he confirmed my address and thats it. Catch should be here within 7-9 days. 

Message 5 of 19
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@watsmyscore wrote:

Thanks!

I wish my PC conversion from my Cash Rewards-------->QuickSilver was as smooth

B/c in the middle of July I contacted the EO Via facebook and i was told they can only add the 1.5% cash back rewards structure but not give me a QuickSilver CardSmiley Indifferent, even the EO CSR could not understand that. So I accepted the offer, then a week after, me being the persistent person that I am. I called the 1-800 on the back of my CC, and spoke to a front line CSR and asked it there were any upgrade options for my acct, and he replied Yes! QuickSilver & Venture. So of course i requested the QuickSilver. Now, I truly know why Cap1 has a horrible reputation!!

Message 6 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP did you recieve the MC or the Visa Siggy?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 19
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

How long does it take for the EO to contact you? I sent them an e-mail two days ago and nothing yet.

Message 8 of 19
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I had the Platinum Visa and I got the offer to upgrade to Quicksilver the Visa one with excellent credit, does that mean that my is going to be siggy.

Message 9 of 19
watsmyscore

@LS2982 wrote:

OP did you recieve the MC or the Visa Siggy?

Honestly, I wish I knew, the converstation happened pretty fast. he did however confirm that there is no annual fee. So I guess its the Visa quicksilver because according to their site, the mastercard has an annual fee. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.