Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Luv Before Credit Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Luv Before Credit Steps

Hello everyone,

I am new to myFICO and have been reading the various topics and have learned quite a lot that I didn't know.  I am in the re-building stage with my credit and applied for 3 Capital One cards in March 2015 and got approved for all 3 with a $300 starting limit.  After reading so much about the infamous luv button I decided to see if I could get some luv about 2 weeks ago and received the 2-3 day message that my accounts were too new.  Well after reading some more regarding other people success with getting increases a little after 2 months I decided to give it another try and was able to get a $500 increase on each card.  I honestly don't know if my credit score was much of a factor as I have several chargeoff's that are about 7 years old and due to fall off and several collection accounts, but I have been paying my bill in full or at least 75% of the balance.  Thanks to everyone who share their experiences and knowledge on this site, it has truly helped me to understand more about credit that I didn't know 7 years ago.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Luv Before Credit Steps

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am new to myFICO and have been reading the various topics and have learned quite a lot that I didn't know.  I am in the re-building stage with my credit and applied for 3 Capital One cards in March 2015 and got approved for all 3 with a $300 starting limit.  After reading so much about the infamous luv button I decided to see if I could get some luv about 2 weeks ago and received the 2-3 day message that my accounts were too new.  Well after reading some more regarding other people success with getting increases a little after 2 months I decided to give it another try and was able to get a $500 increase on each card.  I honestly don't know if my credit score was much of a factor as I have several chargeoff's that are about 7 years old and due to fall off and several collection accounts, but I have been paying my bill in full or at least 75% of the balance.  Thanks to everyone who share their experiences and knowledge on this site, it has truly helped me to understand more about credit that I didn't know 7 years ago.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your CLIs and continued progress.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! How long did you wait after the second statement cut? Did you do it the same day? Wait a week? Any info would be appreciated!

Congrats again! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it when my 3rd statement cut

Message 4 of 9
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Congrats! I went through the exact same process...got the 2-3 day msg, denied due to accounts being too new....then about 1 week before my 3rd statement cut, I got $1000 CLI on my 2 cards...bringing them both to 1500

Message 5 of 9
schsa210
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase!

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 6 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hit my 2nd statement on my QS1 and was denied a CLI. Same with my Plat. Tried twice so far on both cards. My Plat is about to hit its 3rd statement. Maybe ill try again. CONGRATS!

Message 8 of 9
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I got mine just before the 3rd statement..and was denied about a week before...keep trying.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.