Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Luv Button - Less Than 6 Months

tag
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Luv Button - Less Than 6 Months

After reading a few posts here, I decided to try and click the Capital One luv button on both of my cards before the 6 month statements cut.  I was hoping to get a CLI on both and then get an automatic CLI at the 6 month mark again...both cards are Capital One Platinum.

1st card:  11/14 $300.00 to $800.00

2nd card:  12/14 $500.00 to $1,500.00

Thanks for the luv Capital One!  HeartHeart

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Luv Button - Less Than 6 Months

I had a similar experience for my brother in-law just a few minutes ago; I have been helping him rebuild his credit and he had gotten 2 Cap 1 cards 3 mos ago........QS1 $300 went to $1300. Platinum Card went from $500 to 2000........I even hit the luv button for one of my old Cap1 cards and got a 1K bump........Maybe they are changing their programs to keep up with other lenders.

Message 2 of 17
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Whatever changes they are making, it's making US here in the forum very HAPPY and if I get an automated CLI at my 6 month mark, I'm definitely going to scream....lol

Message 3 of 17
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

My QS1 hit 1 yr Jan 23rd. Hit Luv button Jan 24th. Went from $759 to $3,750 . Then I got it upgraded to the QS no AF card.

My Playstation card hit 1 yr Dec. 15th. Hit love button , no go. Hit love button Feb 12th. Went from $1,500 to $3,500

congrats everyone.

LoL @ Scream. 

Message 4 of 17
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

they tend to go thru periods of giving out CLI's and new credit then revert back to their stagnated ways...........I think it may be for  retention as I think a lot of customers get fed up with Capital 1 and close their cards.....I've closed 2 myself this year.  Anybody got any ideas as to the suddenly open arms/heart of Cap 1.  They are smart folks no doubt, give a CLI get another AF.  They even gake me a 1K bump on an old card.  Maybe the Venture app pending will be approved....Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 17
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Yup it works! 4 month old QS1 ...Pressed button....3000 to 6000 ! Thanks OP!

TO
Message 6 of 17
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Excellent. Congrats on the increases!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 7 of 17
uswala
Senior Contributor

@teo77777 wrote:

Yup it works! 4 month old QS1 ...Pressed button....3000 to 6000 ! Thanks OP!

Congrats on the CLI!

Message 8 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on both your Cap-1 CLIs Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Is this a hard or soft pull?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.