cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Platinum - From $500 to $2,000 after 6 months

tag
ttfan

Re: Capital One Platinum - From $500 to $2,000 after 6 months

I have a BofA $400 secured for 8 months now. The first 3 months I used it at 90% util (didn't know at the time util % was a factor) but since then I've held it under 20%.

Message 11 of 13
IAmDidierDrogba
New Visitor

I also just received the same increase to $2000 after expect $750. What's really funny is that I got it about four days after I forgot to make a payment (I paid 1 day late)! This was my 6th or 7th payment though, so it was after fulfilling step requirements I believe.

If it helps, I have both the platinum and the BS rewards card (hit $750 on that through step) that I have used to build credit credit. Basically, both cards started at $500 and I used both cards sparingly, never had a balance of more than $150 or so and always paid it in full upon the due date. I also made sure to use the cards at least minimally every month. I feel like there is a chance that because I had both cards and paid both on time and in full for over six months each, I received the increase. Good luck everyone!
Message 12 of 13
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Congrats very nice bump there

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.