Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One QS Visa Signature CLI

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Capital One QS Visa Signature CLI

Hello friends!

This isn't extremely exciting, but since the data points might be useful I figured I would share that I gave the 'button' a try on my QS Visa Siggy and this time it worked... I got a $3k bump (from $10k to $13k).

Here's where it gets interesting... I'm still turned away on my other two Capital One cards.  My 10 year-old QS MasterCard and five month-old Venture WEMC have been consistently denied CLIs due to the usual reasons... I think last time was 'too many inquiries'.  FWIW I've not had any HPs since January, and on the bureau they reference (EQ) I have nine HPs... not 'great', but certainly not in the stratosphere.  For 'grins' I immediately tried again on my old QS MasterCard but got the standard 7-10 day message.  I didn't bother trying the Venture WEMC... I figure I'll save them a stamp (LOL).  Smiley Frustrated

The QS Visa has had significant use from my AU (in April it was nearly maxed out) and is PIF each month - most months the balance runs from $1300 to $1800 - so honestly I was expecting "something", and I'm not disappointed.  If this were a year ago (with the same swipes/usage) I feel the results would have been much more impressive, but "it is what it is", and in any case it's something (which is more than my other two cards are seeing).

My personal take-away here is that while things are quite different from just a year ago, significant usage still seems to count for something with Capital One, at least in some cases (or rather, at least in this case).

Hopefully somebody will find this info helpful.  Smiley Happy

Edited to add:  The last CLI on this account was six months ago (nearly to the day) and was $1k.  The CLI before that was last summer (also $1k, and with very little usage).

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One QS Visa Signature CLI

Good Morning, UncleB! Congrats to you! Smiley Happy I agree with your theory that significant usage may prompt a nice CLI with Capital One, especially these days. DD, with a $15.5K CL, used her card heavily the last three months, and then PIF. Her normal spending patterns with her QS were minimal purchases, which she paid off each month  She hadn't had an increase in at least nine or so months, and had been requesting ones with denials each time. Not this time, though. She hit that button, and also got a nice $3K increase. On the other hand, DH hasn't seen an increase in I can't remember when. Always PIF before the statement cuts, and his monthly purchases average $700 or so. Not enough, apparently. Luckily, for him, he was finally able to combine his two accounts. That QS now has a $30K CL, so it kind of feels like he got one anyway. 

Thanks for the post! Have a good weekend! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Congrats Uncle B on your increase! I remember us chiming about this in the upgrade forum about if we would get a increase or not. Especially with me accepting the upgrade from QS1 to QS NF. I forgot to mention it had been another 6 months for me since my account combo every attempt would generate a denial reason of " too many recent inquiries " Had been gardening since February and keeping an eye out for the to do an AR in which they did for me in late May. So I knew I was coming up on my 6 months and hit the button again this time they were good to me a $3k increase to $9600. Heavy usage for me since last December put everything from airfare to utility bills to a subway sandwich through the card 😀 And made large partial payments until this June when I PIF. Gives me some hope in them moving forward  as I was going to cancel them if no increase this time around. Again congrats and thanks for sharing.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 10
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations Uncle B ~~~> One day I will reach there 😊
Message 4 of 10
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Congrats to you! I got lucky as well yesterday. My last CLI was 5 months ago and they had refused my last 2 or 3 attempts on the QS. They finally gave me a 2K increase.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go UncleB Smiley Happy. One small step for UB, one giant leap for all UncleBinionsSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greate "data points". I feel blessed.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on a well-deserved CLI and also excellent data points! Well done. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice UncleB.. Glad to see a healthy CLI.  Heck if it is an AU user charging and making the payments on the card you are getting the spend bonus for doing nothing other then providing them a card and getting cashback plus a nice CLI to win.  Grats!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats UncleB! CapOne seems to like the heavy usage. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.