Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approval Fever!!!!

tag
C6Guy
Established Member

Capital One Venture Approval Fever!!!!

So I got caught up by the craze and ended up applying for the Capital One Venture and instantly regretted it. For some reason I thought it was 0% financing like the other offers. Overall got approved for 10,000 but the apr was 20% (my guess is my old high interest rates screwed me over. Does anyone know if j can product change it to a venture one? Really don't want to pay interest.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approval Fever!!!!

If you don't want to pay interest, don't carry a balance!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

what Santi said my friend ...treat it like a amex charge ...

only charge what you can afford and you wont pay a dime in interest Smiley Very Happy 

sit back and enjoy!

Message 3 of 12
C6Guy
Established Member

I certainly will, just spending 3K in 3 months is a little harder when you don't spend that much normally. Oh well this limit will help me get larger limits in the future. So it will help in my journey.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats the same reason i applied. if you have family/friends who need to buy something and they can give you the cash same day do it. 

for example my cousin is buying an ipad i will put in my venture and he will pay me all in a month. and i will do balance transfers from my freedom and csp and that will help too. and lastly all the house stuff will be put there which my parents give me the money! 

so i should be set.

Good luck 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 12
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@C6Guy wrote:
So I got caught up by the craze and ended up applying for the Capital One Venture and instantly regretted it. For some reason I thought it was 0% financing like the other offers. Overall got approved for 10,000 but the apr was 20% (my guess is my old high interest rates screwed me over. Does anyone know if j can product change it to a venture one? Really don't want to pay interest.

Congrats!  Like everyone here says, PIF every month. 

The interest rates they're giving out seem out of whack with typical underwriting.  I'm still seeing a lot of lower scores with $10k CL's and better interest rates, then better scores with $20k CL's and higher interest rates.  The logic is a bit jumbled but guess they're managing higher limit risk with higher interest rates.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

An the fever just keeps rolling along ... congrats on your Cap1 Venture!
Message 8 of 12
bobbycredit
Valued Member

Congrats! I was hoping to as well but their site crashed while it was deciding.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C6Guy wrote:

Congrats!  Were you also Pre-Qualified?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.