Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture Approval

I have been a capital one customer for several years and have a low limit BuyPowerCard and a $5.5k Quicksilver card.  I had CLI'd the quicksilver card a few months back and was given the $5.5k limit with a SP.  I was discouraged that I wouln't get any bigger limit cards with Capital One.  I did some reading and it seems apparent that they have different tiers.  When I first joined I was sub-prime, now I have great income, a squeaky report and my TU Fico 8 Bankcard is 793.

I got a direct mail offer for the Venture Card so I figured I'd pull the trigger.

Got instant approval for $20,000.00!  It should be the new metal card...  super excited.   0% for 9 mos., although I always PIF, then variable rate.

Data Points:

TU Bankcard 8 - 793

Income - $155,000

Inquiries last 12 - 4 (2 were while mortgage shopping for refi)

10 REPLIES 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture Approval

Congratulations on your new Venture card!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fantastic starting line. Perfect time of year for spending towards that SUB. Congrats.
Message 3 of 11
sid33
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and awesome SL!!  Like others have said...perfect timing for the holiday spending!  Enjoy!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed it is!  The offer was for 50,000 points after $3000 in spend within the first 3 months....  That will take me about 4 weeks :-)

Message 6 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

20k for 1032 what a VentureSmiley Happy great TU scoreSmiley Happy EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 7 of 11
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  Once one understands the tiers Cap One becomes a great credit card company!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Congrats!  Once one understands the tiers Cap One becomes a great credit card company!

I am lucky to be wise....  thanks to all of the support and information here!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a great SL on your new Venture!! Well done!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.