Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture One approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture One approval

Hello everyone, this is my first post on the forums, although I've been lurking for awhile.

I recently got approved for the Capital One Venture One with a $10k CL. Although upon reflection, it was actually the regular Venture I intended to apply for. I have some questions about how I should proceed.

I don't mind the Venture One because it does have a few perks over the Venture, but it's comparatively lacking in terms of rewards. So I'd like to have both if possible. Is this possible/even a good idea? I've heard talk of product changes with C1. Is that something I should consider instead?

I also have a few other questions. I asked for a CLI a few days ago to see if I could get more than 10k without a hard pull. They denied and said that it was too soon since my app. That seemed like an odd reason. Is this something I could get reconsidered?

I'm working on improving my score since I recently learned a few basics about credit that I was very ignorant of before. My scores are in the 670s for TU and EQ. One missed payment that just disappeared. Lots of student debt and very low utilization. Average age of credit is fairly low at approximately 3 years. Don't know about EX. My income is decent but not 6 figures.

And sorry, final question. I got the Venture One more than a month ago and it still hasn't shown up on my credit report. Is there a way to speed this up?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Venture One approval

First off welcome to the forums.

Ok to answer a few of your questions.. You are stuck with the Venture one for some time or you can possibly PC down to the QS, but you can't PC up for at least a year due to the CARD ACT which won't allow change in terms on an account meaning going from 0 AF card to a greater in this case 59 I believe dollar AF card within the first year so that will stop you there.  You can ask for a PC to the QS whether they give it or not I am unsure as that is a no AF card as well and has better rewards than the Venture one as well.  I doub't they will allow this either for the first year due to the 0% apr promo you are on as well, but could try at least if that was an interest to your through chat option or calling in to them.

With regards to a CLI they most likely will want to see 6 months of usage prior to a CLI, on a positive side all CLI requests are SP's so it doesn't hurt to hit the button after each statement cuts to see if they might offer you one, but they don't recon SL's on their cards.

Message 2 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on your approvalSmiley Happy Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the warm welcome and the useful information!

I'll just keep the Venture One then because I needed the card to have 0 foreign transaction fees (which I'm assuming QS doesnt?). It's odd that the V1 has lesser rewards than the QS because I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the v1 was a higher tier of card than the QS.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the warm welcome and the useful information!

I'll just keep the Venture One then because I needed the card to have 0 foreign transaction fees (which I'm assuming QS doesnt?). It's odd that the V1 has lesser rewards than the QS because I was under the impression (perhaps incorrectly) that the v1 was a higher tier of card than the QS.

QS does not have FTFs. Also the QS, V1, and Venture are all really in the same tier if you ask me. 

Message 5 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Don't think any Cap1 card has FTF's.  QS/Venture 1/Venture and dining rewards are all "same tier" then you get into your rebuilder cards being platinum/qs1 and that is a slightly diffferent easier tier if you wanted to tier things

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got me one of them thar Venture One's with a $10k line.  I lyk it.  Hope you can feel good about it knowing it has no annual fee.

Message 7 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.