Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Venture approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Venture approval!

On my last personal card app for probably the next 6-12 months, I went for a Capital One mainly because they were the first step on my journey and they gave me pre-qualified offers on every card.

Applied on Saturday, got the 7-10 message, and the follow up fraud call on Monday. Checked the status line today and was approved.

Question is, how do I find out the starting limit? I tried calling the status line and got transferred to a foreign country, who then transferred me to US support, who then hung up. Then I tried the chat and they basically said, wait until you get our package. I'm just curious because I have a big purchase that I can throw on there and pay immediately, but without knowing the SL, it's hard to plan ya know?

EDIT: SL of $15k

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Venture approval!

Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On my last personal card app for probably the next 6-12 months, I went for a Capital One mainly because they were the first step on my journey and they gave me pre-qualified offers on every card.

Applied on Saturday, got the 7-10 message, and the follow up fraud call on Monday. Checked the status line today and was approved.

Question is, how do I find out the starting limit? I tried calling the status line and got transferred to a foreign country, who then transferred me to US support, who then hung up. Then I tried the chat and they basically said, wait until you get our package. I'm just curious because I have a big purchase that I can throw on there and pay immediately, but without knowing the SL, it's hard to plan ya know?

Congrats. What you can do is download the cap1 wallet app, sign on and get your card number and SL.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I beileve you need the card # to sign up for the app or online.

Venture usually start between $10k - $15k...based on what i've seen.  When Capital One rolled out the option to merge cards, people were applying for them like crazy because the limits where $15k, $20k, $30k...crazy limits!!! it was an application frenzy haha.

Message 4 of 15
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I beileve you need the card # to sign up for the app or online.

Venture usually start between $10k - $15k...based on what i've seen.  When Capital One rolled out the option to merge cards, people were applying for them like crazy because the limits where $15k, $20k, $30k...crazy limits!!! it was an application frenzy haha.

I dont believe so. Plus op already has cap1 cards and can use the web sign on to log on to the wallet app. I did it when I got my Venture card.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got my new Venture last week, still in the mail.., it did not automatically show in the web site.  I got an email, clicked the link, show card # or something like that, it instantly showed up in mobile, with a small dot 'show card #'.   Already using it, although I have not received actual card.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your success!   As others have stated, your SL should be considerably higher than your previous Capital One SL(s), but I dont want to get your hopes too high by mentioning any numbers.  Worst case, if it were me, I might try one more call.  Sometimes it depends on the luck of whom you end up speaking with, and possibly even trying a different number could help.  

May I ask what was involved with the fraud call and what type of questions they asked?  Like you, Capital One was at the beginning of my journey(ok, the rebuild portion), and the Venture is likely to be the final card of my last round, so I just wanted to know what's involved in these fraud calls for those of us who are already in their family.  Thanks, and congrats again!  

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what was involved with the fraud call and what type of questions they asked?  

On mine, they just asked a series of "which of these addresses have you been associated with" multiple choice questions. Was done in less than 5 minutes. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

They just asked if I applied, that's it haha
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.