Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One approved after BK 7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One approved after BK 7

I filed bankruptcy in 2013.  I've been on a steady and fast track to rebuilding.  I burned capital one for close to 100k in my bakruptcy filing.  I deciced to apply for a capital one card on January 01, 2015.  I have both Equifax and Experian frozen.  I applied and Capital One pulled Transunion.  After they verified my home address, they approved me for $3k.  

The 3k is a lower limit than my other cards but why not.  I figure I'll just let it sit there and age.  I don't carry any balances and pay in full each month.  

I have 3 chase cards.  A Saphire, An Explorer Card and a Slate.  I also have an Amex and a Chevron Visa Card along with a Ebates visa card.  E-bates gave me a 6k credit line to start.  I've never had credit with Sychrony/GECRB prior to 2014.  

I also have around 25 store issued cards.  All high limits, no balances and I try to charge through the major ones each month.  

So 3k was a bummer but I also think it is a great starting line since Capital One is so conservative and I burned them hard core in my bankruptcy filing.  

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One approved after BK 7

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 38
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Great job!

I also did BK 7 in 2013. Can I ask, how did you get back in with Chase and AMEX, even if you did not burn them?  I hear they won't approve with a BK reporting, so 10 years.  Just curious what your secret is  Thanks for any info and tips.

Message 3 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Capital 1 card Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 38
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 38
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya I doubt you got back in with AMEX after 1 year out of Bankruptcy..  Is this an AMEX card ussued by another bank?

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

3k is high for cap1 standards xD. Congrats!

Message 7 of 38
OffToBetterStart
Valued Member

Congrats Wtg !!

NFCU Cash Rewards $10,000 -Cap 1 Venture $10,750 - Care Credit $7,000 - Cap 1 Quicksilver $5,000 - Cap 1 Venture 1 $5,000 - Barclays Arrival $6,150 - Barclay Rewards $3,190 -Cap 1 Quicksilver $6,000 - Walmart $700
BK7 Discharge 1/04/2013
Current Scores EX (657) EQ (671) TU (644)
Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 38
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'm curious how you have Amex and chase 1 yr after a HUGE bk7 and burning them for 100k??? Sorry, don't believe that at all. Chase and Amex both blacklist for years, not one. Why don't you tell us how you "got back in" so soon.
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.