Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One credit limit success!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One credit limit success!!!

Hello everyone, so I read that someone e-mailed the executive office and someone essentially got back to him and he was able to voice his concern over getting a credit limit increase. I decided to try it out, since being a Capital One customer for almost 3 years with a starting limit of $300 and then to $500 after 6 months, it never once increased again. And since then, I have gotten numerous credit cards with generous amounts in the 6-10k range. I e-mailed the executive office last Thursday, and lo and behold someone contacted me the very next day, she asked for my income, investments and how much of an increase I would like. I then told her I wanted $6000 Smiley Tongue. She then responded that she will contact me within 3-5 days. BUT.... she actually contacted me the very same day in the afternoon, she informed me that my request approved for $5000. I said sure!I will take it. I mean its a grand less than my request but at this poiNt I could care less. E-mail the executive office, voice your concern and they will definitely reach out to you. I mean I had nothing to lose so I decided to request a huge credit limit from $500 to $6000. But hey, $5000 will definitely work. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One credit limit success!!!

Welcome to forum and congratulations 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! I hear add'l clis have to be handled by the EO too!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice going, Congrats and welcome!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 8
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

& Congrats on your Cap One cli success! 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 8
jayb44

hmm just tried a CLI on my C1 paltinum that has been the same $300 limit since I started. I have been making PIF auto payments for last 9 months straight and asked for an increase through regular customer service and was declined.

The reason I tried for the CLI on cap1 is because I was just approved for a Discover IT card at $6k!

So whats up with Cap1.....should I do the Exec office? I have only ahd the card for about 3 years, I am always near my limit but pay it off every month?

myFICO EQ: 673

Message 6 of 8
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

@jayb44 wrote:

hmm just tried a CLI on my C1 paltinum that has been the same $300 limit since I started. I have been making PIF auto payments for last 9 months straight and asked for an increase through regular customer service and was declined.

The reason I tried for the CLI on cap1 is because I was just approved for a Discover IT card at $6k!

So whats up with Cap1.....should I do the Exec office? I have only ahd the card for about 3 years, I am always near my limit but pay it off every month?

myFICO EQ: 673

Yep.  Try the exec office imo  Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 7 of 8
therealjojo

Congrats! From $500 to $5000 is awesome!

BOA Secured (12/12) Cap One Secured (01/13)... Projected date FICO score will be generated (06/13)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.