Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One is MY FAVORITE! Yes, I said it! CLI to 20k

tag
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One is MY FAVORITE! Yes, I said it! CLI to 20k

1,000% agree with you. Capital one was the only one to give me a chance in the beginning and is usually my highest cl. When one company ups them in cl, then they come back and increase there line. Never had any problems with them, and they will always be in my wallet! Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 11 of 24
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Awesome post!

I couldn't agree more I love Cap One!

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One has been really good to deal with so far.  Their terms and conditions are spelled out in plain language, the web interface is excellent, payments post withing 24 hours.   I have no real desire to go after "prime" bank cards who will balance chase you if you actually use them more than they deem fit.  Capital One and my credit unions get the job done just fine for me.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One has been VERY good to me. They gave me a QS1 when my scores SUCKED. I will remain a loyal customer for the rest of my life. I will have to say though NFCU is now my main credit card that I have had for a month with a $6,500 limit. I asked Capital One numerous times through EO to increase my QS1 limit whereas I could transfer my low balances from my sub-prime cards. They declined everytime. I asked NFCU once and they approved. Now I have all my CC debt sitting at 2.9% and I have sock drawed Capital One.

Xace

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. There have been several positive posts\threads re: Cap1.  I guess if you have had a neg. experience with them you will tend to trash them. I have several of their cards & just added both Ventures so they have been generous to me. But, I'm also cautious & realistic because it is a bank and they have to follow strict guidelines which means we can be 'cut' at times. I like their website, basic & easy to navigate and I like the way they immediatly link up your accounts after a new approval. 

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. There have been several positive posts\threads re: Cap1.  I guess if you have had a neg. experience with them you will tend to trash them. I have several of their cards & just added both Ventures so they have been generous to me. But, I'm also cautious & realistic because it is a bank and they have to follow strict guidelines which means we can be 'cut' at times. I like their website, basic & easy to navigate and I like the way they immediatly link up your accounts after a new approval. 

This thread is timely because I was one of those that used to hate Cap one. Namely because they are the one's who got the judgement against me( April can't get here fast enough). The truth of the mater is, for reasons I thought right at the time I dd not respond to their summons and I got a judgement against me. The judgement was totally my fault.  Any other bank would do the same thing. My fiance hated cap one because they CLD a card several years ago.  I finally figured out it was because of a 90 day late.   I pointed out that most other banks would have shut the card down not just decreased the line to 700. The trash talking stopped when a few minutes later  I pulled up fiance's Platinum  account navigated to the luv button and requested a CLI on the 700. It was instantly increased to 1500.00.

So, while I don't have a cap 1 now. I love the fact that I still have a paid judgement against me and yet I get solid prequals for the Venture. I like the fact that my fiance has a low credit score and cap one will still increase the existing limit to a usable amount. 

Edited to say congratulations to OP! 20k plus metal would make my week. 

Message 16 of 24
cp94550
Regular Contributor

I agree with everything said above. cap 1 was there for me when I started to rebuild, offering me a $300 limit literally months after a paid CO. That card now sits at $2,000 and my other cap 1 is at $3,000. I'm 100% certain that their builder card is what has opened the door to a low interest auto loan, my highest card with AX, etc.

Starting Score: EX: 560 on 11/1/11
Current Score: EX: 651 on 1/31/16
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 24
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congrats
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a fan... If I had to max out a card and not worry about AA, it would be my Cap1.
Message 19 of 24
schsa210
Established Contributor

i too heart Capital One!  Can't wait til my QS VISA arrives.

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.