Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One secured approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One secured approval!

Capital One really took a shot on me. I had a Capital One QS card, but I had abused it with multiple 120 day lates. They called me and said I could voluntarily close it or they'll charge it off. I paid it off and closed the account, but it was my last opened card. I took a shot and applied for the Capital One secured card because I am working hard to repair my credit and they approved me with a required $99 down payment. My scores aren't good and I obviously had a poor history with them so I was really surprised and thankful that they approved me.

Hopefully, with this card, I can get my payment history back in order!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One secured approval!

Congrats. I got the CAP one Secured card back in August, putting $99 down and they just gave me an auto CLI last week. Your scores will go up in no time.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One secured approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats. I got the CAP one Secured card back in August, putting $99 down and they just gave me an auto CLI last week. Your scores will go up in no time.

That is what I am hoping. Waiting for high utilization and a couple of collections to report as paid and my credit score will start going in the direction I need it to be going. I am just thankful that Capital One is taking a chance on me again. They could have easily declined.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.