Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one SC luv button ... Just received card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one SC luv button ... Just received card

Just received my capital one secured card $200 down. Anyway luv button or call would increase my limit ? Just curious.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Capital one SC luv button ... Just received card

@Anonymous wrote:
Just received my capital one secured card $200 down. Anyway luv button or call would increase my limit ? Just curious.

Unfortunately. Neither. Only way is to add more money. After 6 months. They may. Or may not increase.  Card holder cannot request.  At that time. Just apply for regular Capone and secured don't graduate either.  So don't expect that either. Just make your payments. And as your profile grows. You will get better cards 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on using this card for gas and paying it off that same day. It's pretty much going to be used just to build a hit pry will a 5% or lower utilization. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

I understand. Because of the limit. You will need another card to help scores. I don't usually recommend. But after looking at your scores and your goal scores. I suggest a store card. Walmart maybe. Will be easiest. Which will help your fico. Maybe even the shopping cart trick to avoid a hard pull which can help in your case. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 6
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Great advice from Taxi813.   I had a Cap1 FULLY secured card back in August 2012 when I had very very low scores.  (foolish mistakes . No Bankruptcy) after 6 months they gave me an additional $100! At that time I had deposited an additional 200 bringing my CL to $500 At the 1 year mark they gave me an additional $250 bringing me to $750. I finally closed the account this past January 2015. Try a Walmart or a lowes card. Let those age for 6-12 months and your scores should rebound. Also for me I paid all my deliquent accounts. If you have any you will have to make that decision on your own. I actually owed those accounts and decided I needed to pay those instead of hope they disappear. Just my circumstance. 

Good luck! And Congratulations!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm an authorized user under my dads wal mart credit cRd. $650 limit. 50% utilization. But that will go down to 10% next paycheck. Would that help me or should I try my own wal mart cards. With my scores I don't feel like I'm gonna get approved. Plus I don't need another hard pull in my life.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.