Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one venture card - Update: Approved

tag
Riopratap
Valued Member

Capital one venture card - Update: Approved

I want to apply for capital one venture card, I have utilization ratio 11%. Today I tried to increase my credit  limit  on capital one platinum card but got raise from 1600 to 2000, my credit karma score for TU and EQ is 786.

yetserday I got approved for 10000k Amex blue cash everyday .

i have only experian new for Amex card and no other enquiry in last 2 years.

got 9000 barclay card, 2500 discover , 3500 chase slate and 5000 cl for city simplicity , gap card 4000

yearly income $ 80000.

i tried on capital one prequalify page and I am prequalified for venture and venture one.

should I try to get venture one or I should wait as I just got Amex approval yesterday and got CLI on capital one .

i am pretty confuse .

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to edit/change if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital one venture card

Assuming your FICO scores are anywhere near where your CK scores are you should be easily approved for either the Venture or Venture One.  Just out of curiousity, why the Venture One and not the higher tier Venture?

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 2 of 23
Riopratap
Valued Member

Thanks for replying , which one would be higher tier venture.

thanks 

Message 3 of 23
Riopratap
Valued Member

I was qualified for venture too.

thanks

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a venture card, you should be able to get either one right now. But a better question should be why you want one of those cards. There are better options out there, especially for the Venture One.
Message 5 of 23
Riopratap
Valued Member

Thanks for the replying.

I am looking for a 10k plus limit credit card , please suggest, I got pre approval letter from city double cash but I heard 

it has very low credit limit.

thanks

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay that makes sense. I never understood why people wanted the venture card since it is 2% card with an annual fee. Especially compared to something like the Citi Double Cash which is 2% without an annual fee. However if you are looking for a 10K starting limit I guess the Venture makes sense since I have seen it come with high limits. When picking out cards I look at how much money they can save/make me. I've never cared about the starting limits so I can't help from that standpoint.
Message 7 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Go with a CU if you want a high limit card such as Penfed.  Venture is a decent card for the first year as the AF is waived after that PC it to the QS after collecting the bonus and before the AF hits after the year.  Or as stated go with a big CU card as if your profile and income suports it they have no issues handing out 10-25k limits initially.

Message 8 of 23
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have been very happy with Cap One and I guess they have been very happy with me.

I would do a Venture since its 2% and probably has a higher limit than average.

If you never travel, QuickSilver is better than Venture One in my opinion.  You may not get as high of a limit, but no AF and 1.5% cash back.

Venture does offer $400-$500 starting bonuses though if you can charge enough in first 3 months.

Cap One also gives great 0% offers (I get 0% for 18 months with 2% fee quite often.)

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 9 of 23
Riopratap
Valued Member

Got venture with 15000 limit.

thnaks guys

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.