cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Platinum Prestige Approved ... or maybe not!

tag
PCMedic
New Contributor

Capitol One Platinum Prestige Approved ... or maybe not!

Went to the Capitol One site last week and used the pre-qualifier to see if there were any offers. After entering my info came back with 3 cards i was pre-qualified for. I selected the platinum Prestige Mastercard so that I could take advantage of the 15 mos. 0% on transfers and purchases and no anual fee. Hit submit and came back with 'Congratulations you've been approved with a $3000 credit limit. Thought great and did the happy dance and waited for my card to arrive to see where my APR would fall in the 10.9 to 18.9 % offered.

Well card arrived today, but no place in the envelope is their anything describing the terms as far as what my interest rate is, benefits, etc.

What has me more concerned is that the card only says 'Platinum' on it, and no place does it mention 'Prestige'. Certainly hope they did not send me a BASIC platinum with its 24.9% APR.  Any one know how to find this out BEFORE I activate the card?

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: Capitol One Platinum Prestige Approved ... or maybe not!

It's all the same card. It won't say "Prestige."

Message 2 of 14
PCMedic
New Contributor

Well that is good to know, but should it not have come with a 'Disclosure of rate and Fees' ? Every other card i have had always includes this so you know (and have proof) of your original agreement.

Scores Credit Karma TU=697 Vantage 727 | WalMart TU=709 | CreditSesame Exp=739 | Exp. FICO = 739 Barclays TU=706 Discover IT = 702

Discover IT $14,900 | BJ's Perks MC $5500 | TD Bank Visa Signature $5000 | Capitol One QuickSilver One $1600 | Capitol One Platinum Prestige $3000 | Merrick $4000 | Walmart $50000 | PayPal CS $1400 | Fingerhut $1800 | OCCU Duck $5000 | SG Visa $2000
Message 3 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@PCMedic wrote:

Well that is good to know, but should it not have come with a 'Disclosure of rate and Fees' ? Every other card i have had always includes this so you know (and have proof) of your original agreement.

They may still come in a separate letter. You could call and ask them to send them.

Smiley Happy edit:Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 14
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

I was recently approved for mine, too.  They did not send the disclosures with my card, but I was told what my interest rate would be on the approval screen when I applied.  It will also say on your statement.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the nice new card Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
taxi818
Super Contributor

yes. all their cards look the same. it for sure will not say prestige on it. hehehe. but its not what it looks like that counts. its the limit and the low apr.

According to cap one. i ask for a low apr card. the best they could do what 18 percent I think. i passed on it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did not include my Terms with either of my cards. When I was approved for the Cap1 Platinum MC, my approval screen stated no annual fee for the first year and charged it anyways. I had to call and basically fight them to waive it. You gotta watch them. You can log into your online account and request a copy of your T&C.
Message 8 of 14
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

congrats

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 9 of 14
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.