Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Quick Silver

tag
SquareObsidian
Established Member

Capitol One Quick Silver

After I read a couple of forum posts about people product changing their old CapitolOne Platinum cards to the QS, I thought I would join in. I read a lot of success stories about increased rewards and whatnot, so for the first time in a long time I was excited about my capitol one card. So, a bit excited, I contacted them through their secure IM feature, and was happily told I did in fact have an offer to PC to the quicksilver card. So, I gave the rep permission to begin the process after confirming several times there would be no HP or anything like that...better safe than sorry. So, a few weeks later I received my new Quick Silver card in the mail and activated. However I still have a couple questions or thoughts that have been floating around in my head because of other threads I've read.

I didn't receive any type of CLI with the PC, wasn't expecting much, but a lot of people said they had success getting an increase during the PC.

It still reflects as a platinim card online. Is this normal?

They did upgrade me to include the 1.5% rewards, as it said with the new card welcome packet, but even then I'm not really sure.

How was your experience with the PC?

Was it as confusing as mine?

The card itself, seems quite strange, I look at it and wonder if its even a real card sometimes.

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capitol One Quick Silver

congrats on the PC. Mines was pretty painless thru IM feature. I did get a HP from them though. Not sure if it was from the PC....I asked for a CLI same day and was approved via SP. So I'm not sure...

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 2 of 14
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Your best bet is to google capital one eo info and email them about an increase to better utilize there rewards program. And usually they will call you within a few days to ask a few questions and how much you would like. Aim higher then you want cause they will normally counter you. It is not a hard pull either. Good luck let us know how it goes for you.

Message 3 of 14
SquareObsidian
Established Member

So, before I went and searched for the EO email info via the google, I went ahead and decided to try my hands at a CLI via the luv button since it is a soft pull anyway. Well, to my surprise it stated it was going to offer me a $500 increase, which is amazing, since it's capitol one. However, at first I was very confused because unless the radial button is selected to accept the increase it show's that you've basically been approved for your current credit line on the side..I felt really amazing for not figuring out something so simple before I attempted to contact a rep via the secure IM feature on the website...but my experience was so comical I just had to share it..

TL;DR My new CL for my capitol one card is $1250. I'm okay with that. 

Some info has been changed to protect the identity of the rep and my acc info. xD

you: Hello, Vegeta, this is Square Obsidian Woods.
Vegeta: Hello Square Obsidian!
Vegeta: How may I assist you today?
you: I'm getting a strange result through the CLI button, it says I've been approved to increase my credit line by $500, however, on the side it reflect I will be increased by +0
you: And says my new CL will be $750, which is what it is currently.
you: I feel like if I accept it, it may mess things up.
Vegeta: If you want to accept the credit line increase offer with a smaller new total credit line amount, you can select I accept, but want to request a smaller increase.
Vegeta: Then, enter your desired credit line increase amount (not the desired total credit line amount) and click Update.
Vegeta: Your desired credit line increase amount must be in a $50 increment, and must be at least $100.
Vegeta: Review the Credit Line Recap information box for the old line, increase amount, and your new total line amount.
Vegeta: You have three options to choose from. If you are comfortable with the new total credit line amount, select I accept and click the Submit button.
Vegeta: Your credit line will be updated and the additional available credit will be effective immediately.
you: Yes...I understand all that, however its basically telling me "congratulations, you've been approved for what you already have."
Vegeta: Let me access your account and check that for you.
Vegeta: In order to access your account, please provide your name (exactly as it appears on your credit card), zip code, date of birth and last four digits of your Social Security number.
you: Cat.
Vegeta: To ensure I have the correct account can you please provide me with the last four digits of your Capital One account number?
you: Over 9000!
Vegeta: Thank you. Please bear with me a moment while I review your account information.
Vegeta: Thank you for your patience.
Vegeta: Square Obsidian, after reviewing your account, I see that your credit limit on your account is $750.00.
you: Thank you.
Vegeta: You're welcome.
you: Yes, that is what it currently is.
you: This is what the window is telling me:
you: Credit Line Recap Old Line $750 Increase + $0 New Total Line $750
you: But it also says:
you: Congratulations, you're eligible for a $500 credit line increase!
you: I'm pretty certain 750 + 500 is not 750. Although it says +0 on the side.
you: Which is why I'm confused, do you understand?
Vegeta: It looks like we weren't able to make an instant decision regarding your credit line increase request.
Vegeta: When we receive a request for a credit line increase, we sometimes need to verify certain information to make a decision. This may take a few days to complete.
Vegeta: Once we process the request, in most cases a letter will be available that you can view online in approximately 2-3 business days. If you have not opted-in to receiving electronic communication only, then we will also mail you a letter which you will receive in approximately 10 business days.
you: But it says I am eligible..I just haven't accepted to offer because it's the same amount as my current CL.
you: Nevermind.
Vegeta: Unfortunately, I do not have any specific information regarding this review, but you can refer to www.capitalone.com/creditlineFAQ for more information on the credit line increase process.
you: I just figured it out.
you: I'm sorry.
you: Thank you for your time.
Vegeta: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: Oh yes, actually there is.
you: I recently upgraded to the QuickSilver card and activated it.
you: Will it always reflect as platinum mastercard online?
Vegeta: No, it needs some time to get updated on your online banking account.
Vegeta: Have I addressed all your concerns today?
you: Yes.
you: Thank you very much
Last text message receivedVegeta: My goal today was to provide you with outstanding customer service. I hope I was able to meet that goal for you. If you'd like to provide feedback about your experience with us today, please click here to end the chat and answer a few quick questions.

Amex BCE $6,000 10/13 ♥ Chase Freedom $2,200 9/13 ♥ Discover it $1,250 2/13 ♥CapitolOne Quicksilver $1250 9/12 ♥

Message 4 of 14
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

they increased me by 500 too. But don't expect anymore. Ever. Unless you contact the EO for it. Back in Sept I got PC to QS and CLI of 500 to 1k. Last month I did EO and got another 500 CLI to 1500. Even though I asked for 5k..Ill be asking them again!

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 5 of 14
Darrell82
Established Contributor

Congrats on your increase and upgrade. It looks like in the end everything worked out for you.

Message 6 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats on you Upgrade and CLI !

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 14
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

$500 seems to be the number for CLIs...CapOne gave me the same on my QS.  Had to contact EO to get it though...so sadSmiley Sad

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 8 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Cap 1 turned me down twice for CLI online and then a month later gave me an auto CLI. My Avitar was my real time  photo when I read it. Thought I would share . Smiley Surprised

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 14
porfidio1

My interaction went like this. I hit the cli button, and was told the account wasn't eligible at that time, however they periodically review accounts. I online chatted with someone, and again told no luck. I went on their Facebook page, and made a comment concerning the PC and lack of customer service by the online gurus. I immediately received a phone call, was given a cli from $750 to $2250, a 6 month rate reduction in apr, and a PC to the quicksilver card with 1.5% cash back. It took about a week, but all my purchases from the time of the phone call started accruing the rewards, then the card showed up (same acct number and date, just a new QS card. Good luck!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.