Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitol One Secured CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitol One Secured CLI

Yesterday was 5 months since I opened my CO Secured card with a SL of $200. So I logged into my account and notice that I was bumped to $500. Is this normal for a secured card? And if so how often does it happen before it graduates to non secure?

Was really surprised by this but nonetheless excited! 😀
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capitol One Secured CLI

I don't have any insight on the data your requesting, but congrats on your cli! ☺️

At 6 months, see if you prequalify for the unsecured version! 

Message 2 of 5
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yesterday was 5 months since I opened my CO Secured card with a SL of $200. So I logged into my account and notice that I was bumped to $500. Is this normal for a secured card? And if so how often does it happen before it graduates to non secure?

Was really surprised by this but nonetheless excited! 😀

Yes, that is the standard increase for secured when you make the first 5 payments on time. Sadly, that may be the last increase you ever see. I had the card two years without an increase and used it heavily. My buddy has the card 18 months with only the 5 month increase as well. ;(

Congrats on the CLI nevertheless!

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 3 of 5
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Congrats , it's normal for Cap one to give ONE increase at about 5 to 6 mths , that will most likely be it for the CLI on this card.
Message 4 of 5
Method2Madness
Regular Contributor

Although I sock drawered it a while ago, I've actually had TWO cli's on the secured card. 250->550->1050

Total Available Credit: $145,950   ||Feb 2018||EQ08-705||EX08-728||TU08-741||

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.