Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Valued Contributor

Care Credit CLI

been several months since I received a CLI from Care Credit. Hopped on chat to see if I could get a little more with some dental work coming up.

Originally I had gone from $800 to $7,000. Asked for an increase to 15k, they countered with 12k and I took it.

In 11 months this has gone from the 800 to 12k with two SPs. not bad at all

State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (5,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Current Scores (7/8/17): 673 Transunion, 616 Equifax, 651 Experian
Super Contributor

Re: Care Credit CLI

Careful Tigers, you may become the posterchild for how to grow a Care Credit with (sp)ecial kind of luv lolSmiley Wink

Nicely done!
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice CLI congrats , what kind of usage does your cc have ? I have Ben approved for 4k SL but need around 8k they would not immediately approve my CLI request , I want to wait until I get a better CL bf I use it and I unfortunately live in a city with no RiteAids around me😕
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Tigers09 wrote:

been several months since I received a CLI from Care Credit. Hopped on chat to see if I could get a little more with some dental work coming up.

Originally I had gone from $800 to $7,000. Asked for an increase to 15k, they countered with 12k and I took it.

In 11 months this has gone from the 800 to 12k with two SPs. not bad at all

Be careful on how you ask for CareCredit CLI. Since they pull from transunion. If I don't mind asking. How did you submit your request?

By chat or by phone?

NORDSTROM- 6K, NEIMAN MARCUS 20K, PENFED PLAT 5K, PENFED AMEX 5K, CAP ONE QS 4K, CAP ONE PLAT 1.1K, CARECREDIT 6K.

IN GARDEN SINCE 9/1/2016
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I've gotten both CLIs through chat; both have been SP.
I put an orthodontic bill on it for enough to have a promotional period and paid it down in 6 months.
Not very heavy usage; went right under 1k on it with the first CLI
State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (5,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (5,000) ~ PenFed Promise (6,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,000) ~ Citi DC (1,700) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (1,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ QuickSilver Visa (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom Unlimited (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG Business (3,000) ~ Care Credit (12,000)
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info
Senior Contributor

Spintech sorry I don't understand your comment , they always pull TU , what are you saying to be careful about ? The fact it could be a HP ?
Regular Contributor

Aduke1122 wrote:
Spintech sorry I don't understand your comment , they always pull TU , what are you saying to be careful about ? The fact it could be a HP ?

Yes, that it can be a HP. Just like everyone else is saying on here is to look at your monthly report to see if carecredit does pull an HP.

My last CLI increase from them they didn't pull. Just hoping the same outcome as I requested by chat.

NORDSTROM- 6K, NEIMAN MARCUS 20K, PENFED PLAT 5K, PENFED AMEX 5K, CAP ONE QS 4K, CAP ONE PLAT 1.1K, CARECREDIT 6K.

IN GARDEN SINCE 9/1/2016
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

so they usually pull Trans Union? i need to do increase too but worried it would be a hard pull and do not want the inquiries? Also how long ago was your most recent CLI? i just got cli last november i think and wonder if too soon to do another

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

fritscher, they will tell you they can't guarantee it will be a SP, but I've seen more and more people getting SP with Care Credit lately. I would think you'd be ok getting one in November. My jump to 7k then 12k were only a couple of months apart. and yes, they look at TU data

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.