Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit limit increase

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care credit limit increase

I called to ask for an increase on my Care Credit card after paying it off last month. I went from $5,000 to $8,400. I was hoping it would go to $10,000 but I'll take the $8,400 as a success! Hoping to get it to $10,000 before I use it again. 😊
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
PrinceCorwin
Regular Contributor

Re: Care credit limit increase

I just called for my wife this morning and was increased from $800 to $1800. Cool with that. Never gonna use it anyway. Just trying to help out her utilization. Her current CK scores: 615, 629

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used mine and got 18 months 0% interest on $4,000 and paid it off on time. I was happy they increased. It's been three years since I got the card.
Message 3 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats a sweet jump for an sp, if it was one, nice goingSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was one? lol I'm confused. I called and asked to raise to $7,000 even though I wanted $10K. They said approved for $8,400.
Message 5 of 8
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

SP means soft pull which won't affect your scores and can't be seen by anyone else. Care Credit is normally a hard pull (hp) which can affect your scores and can be seen by anyone that pulls your reports.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, it was a soft pull. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had good luck with CareCredit and getting increases with them since opening up the card.

My initial limit was only $500. Then they upped it to $850 automatically and then I asked for an increase but only had them go up to $1750. I didn't know that basically you could ask for a large amount and it would counter you.

So I figured after 30 days I would try again and asked for $10k but they countered with $7k. Of course I took it but it seems like they don't mind giving you a good limit with this card at all.

Congrats on your increases and may you have many more!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.