Did you mean: 

Chances for AMEX [Update: Approved]

tag
Omri
New Contributor

Re: Chances for AMEX

@credit_guy wrote:

@mnavas wrote:
Usually, if you do an instant decision application, Hard inquiries will show up in your report (s) immediately as soon as you hit the "Submit" bottom....

Wow definitely did not know that.

Yeah, I just went on an app spree, and I checked my EX between each app (EX was pulled for two of them), and they showed up immediately.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 11 of 24
credit_guy
Established Member

Re: Chances for AMEX [Update: Approved]

Felt inspired after I got home today, so I put in an app online. After I hit submit, I was told to wait up to a minute, but after some wait I landed on a page asking me to verify my address. For whatever reason my address would not go through on this form, so I ended up calling the number in the application status email they sent me. The very nice rep. at New Accounts helped me confirm my address (not sure why I needed to call to confirm since this was all done by her on the backend). After a few anxious minutes on the phone, I congratulated me on being approved and that she's placed my card on rush order for me. Thanks for all the advice everyone! 

Message 12 of 24
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Comgrats!! What's the Credit Limit? and Welcome to the AMEX familly

Message 13 of 24
credit_guy
Established Member

@mnavas wrote:

Thanks! The rep on the phone wasn't able to tell me a credit limit, so I've no idea at this point. I guess I'll wait for the card to find out. She did say if I'm not satisfied with the credit limit, I can ask for it to be upped after 60 days.

Message 14 of 24
xxpert
Established Member

@credit_guy wrote:

@mnavas wrote:

Thanks! The rep on the phone wasn't able to tell me a credit limit, so I've no idea at this point. I guess I'll wait for the card to find out. She did say if I'm not satisfied with the credit limit, I can ask for it to be upped after 60 days.

Congrats the SPG is a great card even though they increased C&P redemption it's still great coz of all the transfer partners....Welcome !!!!
Wallet: Gold PRG/ Saphire Preffered 9k/ Amex SPG 4k / Amex Platinum/ Barclays US Air 14k/ Delta Gold 20k / Ink Bold/ Citi AA plat 10k

Drawer: US Bank Flexperks 12k/ Freedom 2k/ Citi dividend 2k/ Ink plus 6k
Message 15 of 24
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

I think your account hadn't been created on Amex system by the time you spoke with the CSR . Call this number (888) 826-3471 and the Automated System will tell you what your credit line is.... 

Message 16 of 24
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 17 of 24
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Congrats.
***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 18 of 24
Omri
New Contributor

Congrats! Glad you got it Smiley Happy

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 19 of 24
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Let us know what the limit is!!! Nice to see other 20 somethings getting their sh together :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.