cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase 5/24 clarification (Update: Approved 2x!)

tag
Damikester892
New Contributor

Chase 5/24 clarification (Update: Approved 2x!)

Hey guys, 10/1/2017 technically puts me at 4/24 (Newest card is 10/1/2015). I read mixed results of some people saying I had to wait until 11/1/2017 and others saying 10/2/2017 was good to go.

Out of curiosity I did the Pre-qual online and got the CSR, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Slate. Does that mean I'm good to go ahead and apply?

Note I do not have a chase account at all yet. Would it be wise to walk into a branch (nearest is 30minutes) and try that way or are my chances good to just do it online? Or simply wait until 11/1/2017.. 

Reason I'm thinking online is better is because I want to try and go for the CSR and Freedom at the same time and since I'm at 4/24 I don't want to spoil it in branch of them only allowing me to app for one?

EDIT:

Detailed updates are throughout the thread but TL;DR is: 

CSP Applied 10/10/2017 = Approved for $7,200

Freedom Applied on 10/12/2017 = Approved for $2,000

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-qual 5/24 Question.

@Damikester892 wrote:

Hey guys, 10/1/2017 technically puts me at 4/24 (Newest card is 10/1/2015). I read mixed results of some people saying I had to wait until 11/1/2017 and others saying 10/2/2017 was good to go.

Out of curiosity I did the Pre-qual online and got the CSR, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Slate. Does that mean I'm good to go ahead and apply?

Note I do not have a chase account at all yet. Would it be wise to walk into a branch (nearest is 30minutes) and try that way or are my chances good to just do it online? Or simply wait until 11/1/2017.. 

Reason I'm thinking online is better is because I want to try and go for the CSR and Freedom at the same time and since I'm at 4/24 I don't want to spoil it in branch of them only allowing me to app for one?

I’m still new to Chase. I’m sure others will chime in and either confirm or correct me. 

I believe you should wait till 11/2017 and verify that you are truely 5/24. To me, the drive isn’t that far away and might be worth your time visiting if not only for the education value of it. I believe the branch visit would get you around 5/24 especially if you want more that one product. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 8
Damikester892
New Contributor

Thanks for the input @SomewhereIn505

I ended up going for it on the CSP. I applied 10/10 in the morning and recieved the 30 day message. Called the automated system and was given the "approximately 2 weeks" notice. Each night I called the automated system just to check in on it without bugging anyone, only a day later I checked at 11pm on 10/11, to my surprise I was greeted with "You've been approved!" and then automated machine listed my balance, limit and APR. ($7200 starting limit for those wondering).

After the approval I applied for the Freedom, its been roughly 18hrs so far and it is giving me the "approximately 2 weeks" message on the phone. Fingers crossed this is an approval as well. Just figured I'd post for datapoints if it helps anyone!

Message 3 of 8
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Damikester892 wrote:

@Anonymous for the input @SomewhereIn505

I ended up going for it on the CSP. I applied 10/10 in the morning and recieved the 30 day message. Called the automated system and was given the "approximately 2 weeks" notice. Each night I called the automated system just to check in on it without bugging anyone, only a day later I checked at 11pm on 10/11, to my surprise I was greeted with "You've been approved!" and then automated machine listed my balance, limit and APR. ($7200 starting limit for those wondering).

After the approval I applied for the Freedom, its been roughly 18hrs so far and it is giving me the "approximately 2 weeks" message on the phone. Fingers crossed this is an approval as well. Just figured I'd post for datapoints if it helps anyone!

Congrats Damikester892! 🎉🎉🎉 Great SL, too! 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 4 of 8
Damikester892
New Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-qual 5/24 Question. (Updated after applying!)

Thanks buddy! Freedom app is still saying Approximately 2 weeks so thats still better then 7-10 days it seems from what I read!
I assume it won't change until after the weekend so here's to hoping to wake up to a 2nd approval on Monday or Tuesday!
Message 5 of 8
Damikester892
New Contributor

Re: Chase Pre-qual 5/24 Question. (Updated after applying!)

Update for everyone on the freedom:

Kept checking nightly on the automated system and it remained the "approximately 2 weeks" message from 10/12 til 10/16. Today (10/17) I decided to call in to see if they needed to verify anything since its a double app and they indeed said they needed to verify a few simple questions. After verifying with them they placed me on a brief hold and came back to let me know it is also approved with a SL of $2000!

So datapoints for anyone in the same boat, 10/1/2017 put me at 4/24, I applied for CSP on 10/10/2017, Approved after 2 days for $7,200. I applied for the Freedom on 10/12/2017, approved for $2,000 after calling in to verify information on day 5 (10/17/2017)

Now if I had waited for the CSP to show on my credit report, it would have technically been 5/24 which is why I app'd right away after approval for the CSP. Didn't want to take that risk of waiting any longer to app on the Freedom.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase 5/24 clarification (Update: Approved 2x!)

Was the original prequal online from your offers page on Chase login or from their card match prequal page where you enter your info?

Congrats on both!
Message 7 of 8
Damikester892
New Contributor

Re: Chase 5/24 clarification (Update: Approved 2x!)

@ABCD2199

These are my first Chase products so I don't have a offers page yet, prequal was from their pre-qual page here: https://www.chase.com/prequalified

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.