Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase AARP...LOL

tag
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

Chase AARP...LOL

Just a few short months ago Chase wouldn't give me the correct time. They grudgingly gave me a Freedom $500 CL then a couple months later Slate $1500. I closed the Freedom and moved the CL to Slate, even THAT took some arm twisting with a senior CSR intervening.

2 weeks ago they then approved me for United Explorer VS at $5K

Yesterday my app for AARP said "we'll let you know"! I just logged in to my Chase account and PRESTO! There's an AARP card listed with a $4K CL. I have many other cards with much higher limits and some with great APRs but, I'm happy with Chases' change of heart and the CLs for now.

My Ex is +/- 700

40+ INQs

20+ new accounts

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase AARP...LOL

Very nice.. Congrats!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!

Message 3 of 11
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 4 of 11
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 5 of 11
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Way to go, CONGRATS!!!
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Just a few short months ago Chase wouldn't give me the correct time. They grudgingly gave me a Freedom $500 CL then a couple months later Slate $1500. I closed the Freedom and moved the CL to Slate, even THAT took some arm twisting with a senior CSR intervening.

Yesterday my app for AARP said "we'll let you know"! I just logged in to my Chase account and PRESTO! There's an AARP card listed with a $4K CL. I have many other cards with much higher limits and some with great APRs but, I'm happy with Chases' change of heart and the CLs for now.

My Ex is +/- 700

40+ INQs

20+ new accounts

This is fascinating in light of all the recent denials for two many new accounts in the last two years.

And, congrats!

Message 7 of 11
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Absolutely love chase. Congratulations on the approvals.
Message 8 of 11
stagefoursurvivor
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

My Ex is +/- 700

40+ INQs

20+ new accounts

This is fascinating in light of all the recent denials for two many new accounts in the last two years.

And, congrats!

I have a hunch, for my personal experience anyway. When I apped for Freedom back in January(?) verification was mysteriously repetitive and slow, took 30 days for approval. EO said because I added my wife as an AU, who kept her maiden name. Why that would spook them is beyond me but, a $500 SL??? So, I believe they red-flagged my account initially. We also have our 25+ year bank account & CU accounts registered for direct pay with auto payments lest we forget

11/14/14 Total CL $1,100; 6/30/15 Total CL $180K
Message 9 of 11
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Awesome turn about...Congrats

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.