Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon - Another Approval

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Amazon - Another Approval

Found a bunch of reasons to simply get the card as my Sallie replacement going forward (I am a heavy amazon user), and zero not to.

Applied through the Amazon site, Experian pull as expected, all the relevant scores in siggy.  Stated income 150K, 14 inquiries over the past two years on EX not including this one though roughly half were from mortgage expeditions, 2 last month (including a denied CSR app for 5/24), total Chase exposure on the personal side is 78K now.

5K CL 8.5K CL

14.74% APR 

UPDATE: In the Chase interface the CL is 8.5K, without my having to do anything!  Beats me!

Interestingly enough this was kinda funny:

Congratulations XXXXXXXX, you've been approved for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card!

Your card has been added to your Amazon.com account as the default payment method for Amazon.com purchases.

Amazon is oh so helpful Smiley Happy

Buh bye Sallie, loved you dearly.

        
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon - Another Approval

Congrats!  I am very excited about this change!

Message 2 of 31
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Rev!  The was quicker than I expected on the application Smiley Happy.  Assume you went through amazon for the 70$ vs 50$ from Chase?

Message 3 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats Rev!  The was quicker than I expected on the application Smiley Happy.  Assume you went through amazon for the 70$ vs 50$ from Chase?

That and I wanted absolutely no doubt anywhere that I was a Prime member.  I've been a loyal Amazon customer for years, like many of them, approve me yo!

I make decisions quickly once I realize it should be made, and then pull the trigger after doing so; I wanted a Sallie replacement, I knew about the 5% but I was on the fence but I'd just picked up a new tradeline and 2 inquiries on EX anyway in December, and now I am complete rewards wise for my entire spend, so why wait for Sallie to kick the bucket and try to delay the application with $1500 in GC balance? 

Just make the clean break and go forward with life.  All the right decisions both from a credit perspective and a quality of life perspective: done.

Cash out my Sallie rewards to cover the current balance, pay it off, and then just SD the card until Barclays closes it for inactivity.  Simple.

        
Message 4 of 31
redpat
Senior Contributor

Congrats.

I didn't know much about SM, so I guess this card will make a good replacement for it.

We shop a lot on amazon but we use my FU card.  

UR's or CB for, decisions, decisions..........It was easy w/ the old chase card 3%.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

Congrats.

I didn't know much about SM, so I guess this card will make a good replacement for it.

We shop a lot on amazon but we use my FU card.  

UR's or CB for, decisions, decisions..........It was easy w/ the old chase card 3%.

I thought about that and if I get good at using UR I may do that, but I'm going to be a Prime member for the long haul, I'm not quite as certain on UR chasing.  Over the next year my Amazon spend is going to be a lot less than typical, but it behooves me just to get everything with my credit file done like right now, as I may need to be as clean as possible sometime in the 1-3 year range.

Anyway, just cashed out over 90K points on Sallie, once that is reflected on my current balance I pay off the remaining $150 or so and that is the end of my Sallie experience.

        
Message 6 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Great job, Rev!  Like you mention now you won't have to deal with GCs to take advantage of an Amazon discount... I think this is a great product and I'm sure you'll be pleased with your decision to make the leap (or, rather, 'hit the button'... LOL!

(I wish I were more decisive at times... LOL)

Again, huge congrats!  screamer.gif

Message 7 of 31
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice going Revelate, good to see a card that will be used greatly approved for nice limits and apr. EnjoySmiley Happy
Message 8 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@UncleB wrote:

Great job, Rev!  Like you mention now you won't have to deal with GCs to take advantage of an Amazon discount... I think this is a great product and I'm sure you'll be pleased with your decision to make the leap (or, rather, 'hit the button'... LOL!

(I wish I were more decisive at times... LOL)

Again, huge congrats!  screamer.gif

Grin, well like your post it was more datapoint purposes; I absolutely knew without a shadow of a doubt if 5/24 wasn't applicable I could get this card.  100%, there was no risk, no worries about not getting approved, just give me the card, ruthless application efficiency style!

So the approval was admittedly a bit anti-climatic Smiley Happy.

Being a prime member just keeps stacking benefits on it, sort of like Chase UR incidentally, so just keep doubling down reaping the benefits as I go.

The only foolishness there was is I didn't really think about this earlier, should've thought about it then rather than hanging onto Sallie for dear life until the bitter end and beyond, and instead pulled the trigger when 5% was announced via Chase, but w/e, realized the mistake and sorted it.

        
Message 9 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Nice going Revelate, good to see a card that will be used greatly approved for nice limits and apr. EnjoySmiley Happy

Thanks bud!  Yeah a 5K tradeline for Amazon is more than enough for me from all my historical spend, and if I need more I can always shuffle some things around.

Not sure if I'm at the best APR offered or not though between the three already posted approvals doesn't look that hard to get the 14.74% which is a nice APR for a rewards card to be sure.  

        
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.