Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon CLI by phone, took the HP

tag
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Chase Amazon CLI by phone, took the HP

1k > 3k

I actually really needed a CLI on my Chase Amazon, cause that is my most used card - I do all of my Prime shopping for my self employed business, the whole household, and movie rentals... and a small % of my purchases go to a charity. The signature upgrade doesn't really help.

Orig:500. Called in for increase 3 yrs ago to 1k.

I tried to get them to do it SP and ask if they had offers for me, but nope.

Chase is so weird but I do like the card enough that the HP was worth it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon CLI by phone, took the HP

I'm glad to hear you got something. 2K isn't too bad considering where you were before.

I'm wanting a CLI on my CSP, but I don't know how much they'll give me with with a HP. I got a surprise auto CLI of 1K at the 3-month mark when I applied for the Freedom. If I could get at least 4K more I'd be very happy.
Message 2 of 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

at least you got something out of them! did they pull EX for the CLI? 

Message 3 of 9
titanium_bbx
Contributor

True ddemari ! even if it was like pulling teeth haha. Good long term decision.

HP hasn't shown yet, I'll report back when it does. Hoping its not TU.

Message 4 of 9
titanium_bbx
Contributor

Hey @ddemari, the HP for the CLI was Experian

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm glad to hear you got something. 2K isn't too bad considering where you were before.

I'm wanting a CLI on my CSP, but I don't know how much they'll give me with with a HP. I got a surprise auto CLI of 1K at the 3-month mark when I applied for the Freedom. If I could get at least 4K more I'd be very happy.

I went from 5k to 15k on my CSP with a HP. Had the card just over a year when I did.

Feel like with Chase if you don't get an auto CLI in 6 months of opening the card, you're not likely to get one.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Feel like with Chase if you don't get an auto CLI in 6 months of opening the card, you're not likely to get one.

Just as a datapoint... my wife received an auto CLI just prior to her first anniversary on her Chase card...so they can come later.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went from 5k to 15k on my CSP with a HP. Had the card just over a year when I did.

Good to know, thank you. I've run it up to 70% UTIL on two occasions within the last six months so I'm hoping that's enough usuage along with our near daily swipes. Do I ask them for what I want and wait for approval/counter or do I just ask for the CLI and they tell me what I get? Also, do you use SM or phone? I plan to ask for 15K, but would be happy with 10K. I've had the card only 7 months so I'm not sure if I should wait until I'm at the year mark. My scores are around 730-750 depending on what cards are reporting.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.