Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa -- 30 day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Visa -- 30 day

So,

I've been good lately. Went into the garden 12/26/15 in preparation for a mortgage. Got the mortgage, moved into the house last week. Obviously, the itch for cards is back!

Since the move, we've spent several hundred bucks at Amazon on odds and ends we're finding we need, and I didn't wanna wait 9 months for Chase's 5/24 eligibility, so I found the Amazon $70 GC offer and applied. Went 30 day. Phone message says 30 day. Never got an email from anyone acknowledging my application... (is that normal?)

Obviously, since I just moved and my address changed within the past week, I'm assuming (hoping) that's the hold up. Plan to call verification on Monday.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Amazon Visa -- 30 day

@Anonymous wrote:

So,

I've been good lately. Went into the garden 12/26/15 in preparation for a mortgage. Got the mortgage, moved into the house last week. Obviously, the itch for cards is back!

Since the move, we've spent several hundred bucks at Amazon on odds and ends we're finding we need, and I didn't wanna wait 9 months for Chase's 5/24 eligibility, so I found the Amazon $70 GC offer and applied. Went 30 day. Phone message says 30 day. Never got an email from anyone acknowledging my application... (is that normal?)

Obviously, since I just moved and my address changed within the past week, I'm assuming (hoping) that's the hold up. Plan to call verification on Monday.

Historically the 30 day message is either verification or just a long drawn out approval. Some do get denied with it but it's more often an approval. The Amazon card isn't subject to 5/24 as of right now.

I'd tend to assume the address verification is probably the holdup, but yes, I'd just call Monday and go from there. It sounds like you are in good shape.

Message 2 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

fingers crossed you get it! sounds like verification to me. good luck. 

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called verification. It was ID check.

Approved, $6500!

Message 4 of 19
trnl2016
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved, $6500!

Congrats on the approval!

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved, $6500!

Congrats!!!

Message 6 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Congrats on the approval!

$6500 is generous for the Amazon Visa... very nice!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dude!

You're always so supportive. I appreciate it!
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved, $6500!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats man!  I'm in 30 day purgatory right now for the Ritz.  Really want to call but it seems that waiting is the best play.  I haven't moved in over 10 years, far below 5/25 and only 2 inq on Experian which Chase pulled.  One from 14 and one from 15.

I bank with Chase and maybe they just want to make sure I'm the same person.

Also - I never got email confirmation about the application either - until I looked in spam.  For some reason it got thrown in there.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.