Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Amazon Visa Approved but .....

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

Chase Amazon Visa Approved but .....

My 7th Chase card. After my United Club Approval decided I would app for Amazon. My lowest Chase card is my 3500 Freedom, next up is 11k followed by my highest 16k SW premier . I got the 30 day message , called verification and the CSR said "oh yea, all we need is verification" which always happens now, I got approved for 500$! What? Did I reach an internal limit with Chase ? I'm at a total exposure of 67,500 before the Amazon approval. Is it possible to re allocate ? I have the Freedom, SW, United mileage , Marriott , IHG and United Club.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Amazon Visa Approved but .....

@texasman07 wrote:
My 7th Chase card. After my United Club Approval decided I would app for Amazon. My lowest Chase card is my 3500 Freedom, next up is 11k followed by my highest 16k SW premier . I got the 30 day message , called verification and the CSR said "oh yea, all we need is verification" which always happens now, I got approved for 500$! What? Did I reach an internal limit with Chase ? I'm at a total exposure of 67,500 before the Amazon approval. Is it possible to re allocate ? I have the Freedom, SW, United mileage , Marriott , IHG and United Club.

That's exactly what happened, you hit their internal limit for you.  Sure you can reallocate some of your existing limits to the new card.  Just send them a secured message and tell them how much you would like transferred and from what card.

Congrats on the approval.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats - 7 Chase cards is a lot!! You can move limits around, but I would advise you just to take it easy for awhile. Chase has been known to take AA.

Message 3 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom 3500$
Chase SW Premier 16k
Chase United Explorer 11k
Chase Marriott 11k
Chase IHG 11k
Chase United Club 15k

Amazon 500? Does not make sense
Message 4 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

I will wait .,,,, thanks !!
Message 5 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Ouch now that is ugly.

I suppose (due to that SL) they fully expect you to dip from one of your other Chase cards to bring it up to a more tolerable level.

That full internal exposure ordeal.

Message 6 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

Would rather have a denial lol, but will leave it for a bit and see what happens... They have been nice to me so maybe
Message 7 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

the amazon chase card is kind of a wild card with approvals for some profiles. For me, I have a lot of exposure with chase. 

Freedom - 5000

Slate 4500

CS-5000

CSP- 10,000

Ritz- 10,000

United- 5,000

**Amazon Visa - 500 (personal banker had the limit raised to 4500 with out a hard pull

I have more chase cards, but that was the order of my first bath of approvals 

Message 8 of 11
texasman07
Established Contributor

Hey ddemari! Thanks !! Did you call or go into a bank, I think their internal score trumps all, they denied me for years until I got my freedom
Message 9 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

There is a branch in my office building and I was telling one of the bankers I chit chat with and he's like one let's call them up! I said ok but only if you do not it without me having to do
Any pulls. He asked them to reconsider the limit
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.