Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase, Amex, and Discover approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase, Amex, and Discover approvals

Nice approvals.  Keep in mind that in 61+ days you can bring that Amex limit from $4k to $12k, landing it right in the mix with your Chase and Discover limits.

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

A fairly epic first post!  Conquistador doesnt seem to be joking with his screen name.  

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Those are great cards!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have read many posts over the last couple of months, but this is my first time posting. I thought I would share the results of my recent approvals:

CSP-  $15,000

Discover It-  $11,000

Amex BCE-  $4,000

Before applying for these cards I only had one Cap1 Quicksliver1, which I PCed from a Platinum, with a $2000 credit line. My current scores are EQ 712, EX 696, and TU 686 and my income is around $110,000. I have a few late payments on my reports, but nothing over 60 days late, and no collections or BK. I'm thinking of applying for one more card, but can't decide which one to go for. Or maybe I'll just wait and garden for a while. This forum has been a great source of information and encouragement and I look forward to contributing more in the future.

You could go for another AMEX for same HP...or you can garden.  Careful with the 5/24 rule with Chase if you plan to apply in the future.

Yeah, because of the 5/24 I was thinking of getting the Freedom and FU before I app for any other cards. Maximizing those UR points seems like a good move.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! How old is your Cap1 and do you have any other active items on your report? Also, what is your AAoA if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, I've had the Cap1 for about 7 years and I also have an active mortgage, one open credit line with a home goods retailer, and student loans. My AAoA is about 6 years.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  You have to spend 5k in the next 3 months to get sign-up bonuses from CSP and BCE.  If you are going to get another sign up bonus card now you are going to have to put some serious spend on those cards. 

Thanks. Yeah, that is one of my concerns with going for another card now. I usually spend about $1500 a month on the Cap1 and just make several payments throughout the month. So another $500 shouldn't be much of a stretch. Maybe one of the Freedom cards would be a good idea since they only have a $500 spend requirement over 3 months.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Great job on some great pickupsSmiley Happy Scoring an 11k Disco is super impressive, like hitting a homerunSmiley Happy

Thanks! I must admit, I was somewhat surprised at the SLs on the CSP and Disco. Hopefully with such high initial limits they will have some room to grow.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice approvals.  Keep in mind that in 61+ days you can bring that Amex limit from $4k to $12k, landing it right in the mix with your Chase and Discover limits.

Yep, I already have it marked on my calendar!

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

3X Amex CLI right on time!

Message 19 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Nice snags !!  Congrats

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.