Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Application Status

LadyMJ so you called the Backdoor number and they couldn't tell you if its in verification or denied? If so call back. I finally got someone who told me it was in verification.
Message 51 of 56
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
LadyMJ so you called the Backdoor number and they couldn't tell you if its in verification or denied? If so call back. I finally got someone who told me it was in verification.

Hi CreditQueen323,

I did call and there was no mention of either. I didn't ask specifically, but I did allude to me wanting to know if I was going to get the card or not. They just replied it was being reviewed and I can call to check the status later. Could the delay have something to do with my old closed account with them? I paid in full, long but short story. All in all it was a misundertanding and I wasn't using the past card nor receiving the bills but it had a balance on it. 

This would be my first card back with Chase. Do you know their hours? I will definitely call back and ask directly about it possibly being in verification. How many times did you call? 

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 53 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I just seen this! But I called the Backdoor number 2 times. The first time they told me it was pending and then the second time the lady told me it was in verification before I could even ask. Verification closes earlier then the Backdoor number at 8pm so I had to wait till the next day to call verification but after the guy asked me questions he told me I was approved and it was my first chase card too

I know it's been a few days so have you heard anything yet.

And thanks so much for the congrats. I just got my chase amazon in the mail on Saturday! I love it! Even have a EMV chip!
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase's credit card application status works like this (Or, at least it did prior to Chemical Bank's acquisition of Chase in the mid-1990's.  But my recollection is that it didn't change after the acquisition since even though Chemical Banking Corporation was the acquirer, Chase was considered superior to Chemical in terms of the way it ran its credit card division):

The information you submit on your application is automatically placed on a "form," for lack of a better word, that stays on their application system.

Application status goes through a cycle, as follows:

When the application is first submitted, it gets a "P," meaning Pending.

The application is then reviewed (generally by computer, not manually), and if it meets Chase's criteria for approval, which BTW does not only include score, the P changes to an "A."  Although the A means Approved based on their general criteria, this still doesn't necessarily mean you will definitely receive a card.  Depending upon various other factors relating to Chase's approval standards, you may still be refused.

Finally, if you are definitely approved, the A will change to a "B," meaning Booked.  In this case, you should receive a card in about a week.

I don't know of any specific way to check an application's status, unless you work at Chase, in which case you could call the appropriate person in Chase's operational center in Wilmington, Delaware.

Message 55 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi my name is jimmy luma I was applying for a chase Amazon card, I wanna know if I'm gonna approve for, and I can't to get the letter to see what going on!
Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.