Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Application Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Application Status

Hello Everyone

After my Cap One Venture approval I couldnt help myself and decided to apply for the Chase Amazon I love Amazon and it's one of the cards I wanted. I applied for the Chase Freedom a few months back but was instantly denied and when I would call for that one the automated system actually gave me a response Of it being reviewed and I would get something in 7-10 business days. (IIRC)

After applying I got the review message. Waited awhile and called the application status. I put in my social and nothing is said about my status. It just pauses for like 2 seconds and then the automated lady says "to repeat this information press 7"

After hearing that a few times, I talked to someone to ask the status she said last night it was still pending. It's not denied or approved but she sees the application and it's just still pending. I asked her why the automated system didn't tell me any information and she said it's because it's still pending. I'm not sure if that's true or not but thought I would come hear to ask

Has anyone has this happen to them, if so what did it mean for you? Also how long does Chase apps pend for before getting a answer?

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't of even applied Smiley Sad I also seen that they did a HP yesterday so I know the app wen through.

Thank you everyone in advance.
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Application Status

Chase has a weird automated status line in my opinion. Last app I submitted was 01/16. Depending on the number I called it either immediately said *please hold while I transfer your call* or gave me the same empty air message you received then said to repeat press 7. After verification hoops and being told the application was "endorsed for approval" it ended up as a denial but dont read too much into that, it was for a business card and Im pretty sure my mistake was calling to talk to lending services instead of simply being patient. Its currently under review per the EO and the automated line has changed to 7-10 days. Likely still a denial but who knows Smiley Happy Keep the faith and good luck!

Message 2 of 56
ddemari
Super Contributor

CreditQueen323 wrote:
Hello Everyone

After my Cap One Venture approval I couldnt help myself and decided to apply for the Chase Amazon I love Amazon and it's one of the cards I wanted. I applied for the Chase Freedom a few months back but was instantly denied and when I would call for that one the automated system actually gave me a response Of it being reviewed and I would get something in 7-10 business days. (IIRC)

After applying I got the review message. Waited awhile and called the application status. I put in my social and nothing is said about my status. It just pauses for like 2 seconds and then the automated lady says "to repeat this information press 7"

After hearing that a few times, I talked to someone to ask the status she said last night it was still pending. It's not denied or approved but she sees the application and it's just still pending. I asked her why the automated system didn't tell me any information and she said it's because it's still pending. I'm not sure if that's true or not but thought I would come hear to ask

Has anyone has this happen to them, if so what did it mean for you? Also how long does Chase apps pend for before getting a answer?

Maybe this is a sign I shouldn't of even applied Smiley Sad I also seen that they did a HP yesterday so I know the app wen through.

Thank you everyone in advance____________________________________________

I think you are approved. I mean depending on your score, utilization and other stuff... my last 3 chase approvals went like this... Applied online, received a message saying i will be contacted via mail within 7-10 days with either a card or letter telling me why I was not approved. 

After waiting a day, I called the status line... entered in my social and it said" to repeat these options press 1 to disconnect press 0. Never once did it have a status for me. but within about 5-7 days I received an email saying your card is on the way. 

Message 3 of 56
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello Everyone

Thank you everyone in advance.

I applied for all my chase cards in branch. The banker can help you to get the result immediately

Message 4 of 56
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Why not call the Analyst/recon # and just find out?

Message 5 of 56
ddemari
Super Contributor

U might want to do that, I do not see any other chase cards on your signature. My first Chase card was Freedom and I called the next day and was transfered to verification dept. If you have other chase cards, no need to call unless you want the answer lol. What card did you apply for?

Message 6 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for chase Amazon. I did call and the lady just said it was pending and that it's not denied or approved and check back in a couple days. I'm not sure if it was a recon number or not but ll look Into that and see about calling a different number. the lady did say to wait a couple days so I didnt want to keep calling

I also don't think I have a chase branch near me but i do not have any other chase cards. I applied for the freedom a few months ago but was instantly denied. I received the review message then and when I called the app status it said they were still reviewing it and I would get something in 7-10 days. When I talked to someone they said denied (tried to recon with no luck) they pulled EQ at the time for me and it was my lowest score I was hoping they wouldn't but they did since then I had two charge offs fall off 2 months early and my score went up 70-80 points and since I wanted the chase Amazon too I thought I would give it a try
Message 7 of 56
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Call this #.. You will be contact with an analyst immediately and ask her the status and if they need anything from you ... The will either say you are denied and you can try to recon or they will connect you to verfication...  Trust me you will  get a different repsonse then pending....  Best of luck!

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

With that said the Amazon card is harder to get than the Freedom/Slate for whatever reason.

Message 8 of 56
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 9 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

dddmari- do you remember what number you called when they told you they needed verification

Thank you so much for the number!!! I called it and was just told that it is still being reviewed and I just have to wait a couple more days. If it was verification would they of seen that? I also searched and called 2 more numbers (those seemed like regulars CSRs though and was told again that they have no additional information besides it's pending.

I'm going to wait till after lunch time and try that credit analyst number again maybe I will get something else. but I have no clue what's going on (probably a denial but I will keep trying until I am told that at least) thanks again for the number.
Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.