Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Blacklist Success

tag
LittleCat
Contributor

Chase Blacklist Success

I know alot of folks list Chase as blacklisting. After having a 4k charge off in 1996, I figured I'd never be on thier good side especially  hearing that they black list.

Because I plan on doing a bit of traveling, I wanted a milage card with good perks, specifically United Milage Plus Club for the Club membership and free baggage. I figured I have built a super strong credit profile in the past 15 years I'd try to get it.

Applied online and about 20 seconds it came back approved with 21k limit.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Blacklist Success

Wow maybe one day there is hope for me! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 30
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Wow maybe one day there is hope for me! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats OP Smiley Happy  Good luck to you buddy (Cold)

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 30
LittleCat
Contributor

There is tons of hope! I started my rebuild many years ago with a 473 FICO, I didnt even know it went that low! My first card while rebuilding was an Orchard for $300, then a BoA secured. I was simply aggressive about it. When BoA unsecured and raised my limit to $1k, I waited 6 mos then called and asked for 2k, saying I wanted to travel and wanted a good card to take with. I had 'travel plans' every 6 mos. It was patience and perserverence!

When I got the United approval I realized all the work I did back then was paying off in spades.

FWIW I am over 800 across the board, 80k of combined limits, 2k of outstanding balances. 1 auto loan that has 5 payments left on it. Never late, EVER.

Message 4 of 30
PaBill
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

EQ-805, EX-797, TU-804. Back in the Garden on 8/4/15. Just came out for a 5K CLI bump on the Barclay card...
Hover over a card for the CL...
Message 5 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@LittleCat wrote:

I know alot of folks list Chase as blacklisting. After having a 4k charge off in 1996, I figured I'd never be on thier good side especially  hearing that they black list.

Because I plan on doing a bit of traveling, I wanted a milage card with good perks, specifically United Milage Plus Club for the Club membership and free baggage. I figured I have built a super strong credit profile in the past 15 years I'd try to get it.

Nice, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 30
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@LittleCat wrote:

That's a hell of a limit! Congrats to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

WoW!!!
Way to break the ice!!

Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 30
MoneyHunnie

Congrats OP! I had a charge off from Chase in 2006. I decided to app 2 weeks ago for the Freedom and got approved. A week later I apped for the CSP and got that one as well! I was jumping around for joy like a fool because I never thought I'd qualify for a Chase card again. It felt great to be proven wrong!

Starting Scores: 400's (01/2013)
Current Scores: EXP 760 (03/11/14) EQ 730 (2/26/14) TU 752 (2/18/14) via MyFico. TU 08 - 734 via Barclays (3/14/14)
Amex Gold Premier (NPSL) | NFCU Sig Cash Rewards $15K | CareCredit $9.6K | Citi Thank You Preferred $6.5K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Chase Freedom $3K | Sportsman Guide Visa $2.5K| USAA Platinum MC $2K | Amex BCE $1K | Barclay Rewards MC $1K | Merrick Bank $550 | Discover IT $500 | Cap One $500 | & various store cards.
Message 9 of 30
HawaiianSkwerl
Established Member

Grats to you guys!! I love my Chase Freedom. The rewards are excellent. Just got the CSP, and i'm excited for that as well.

FICO | TU 688 / EQ 680 / EX 710 | ---------- GOAL | 800 |

[ Gardening Til 2015 ] "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.