cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase British Airways - non Visa Signature version?

tag
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: Chase British Airways - non Visa Signature version?

congrats

Message 11 of 14
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@PointLager wrote:

so got my Chase BA visa approved but less than $5k limit therefore making it non-signature.   i didn't even see this as a product so this was surprising.  i would have thought that if they weren't interested in advancing another $5k TL they would have just denied me.

weird but i will take it.  avios are a good currency to build.  

anyone else heard of this?

Btw, this was on a recon.   When the card arrives, what would my chances be on reconing this to bump me to a $5k limit so that i could get the siggy version?  (without HP, ideally)

I understand the CL is less than 5,000, but you might call Chase anyway and just ask if its a Signature or not.  They will sometimes issue Signature cards for less than 5,000.  Good luck on the recon if its not.

Message 12 of 14
PointLager
Established Contributor

I called chase and the card is not a signature and I would have to proactively PC to a siggy once my limit is 5k

Not being a siggy makes the AF a bit expensive. But I really like avios now that I've seen how useful they are for booking AA flights. And 1.25 avios per $ spend can be useful for non category spend
Message 13 of 14
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@PointLager wrote:
I called chase and the card is not a signature and I would have to proactively PC to a siggy once my limit is 5k

Not being a siggy makes the AF a bit expensive. But I really like avios now that I've seen how useful they are for booking AA flights. And 1.25 avios per $ spend can be useful for non category spend

Sorry to hear.  Don't you have other Chase cards with $5k limits?  You can call and see if you can allocate some of the limit on your other Chase cards to BA card to make your BA card Visa Sig eligible. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.