Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI no notice

tag
Kree
Established Contributor

Chase CLI no notice

Looks like chase gave me an autocli with no notice. Must have happened at my 3 month mark.  Is this common?  Not complaining at all, I was just a bit suprised to see the new limit.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLI no notice

Congrats.

My RapidRewards card got an auto-CLI at the three month mark too with no notice. What was your beginning CL?
Message 2 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Kreewrote:

Looks like chase gave me an autocli with no notice. Must have happened at my 3 month mark.  Is this common?  Not complaining at all, I was just a bit suprised to see the new limit.

My understanding is that auto-CLI's from Chase are as rare as hen's teeth.

I for one have never gotten one. I've been with them a year and a half.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 17
Kree
Established Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Congrats.

My RapidRewards card got an auto-CLI at the three month mark too with no notice. What was your beginning CL?

4,500  CLI'd to 5,500

Message 4 of 17
Kree
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaicawrote:

@Kreewrote:

My understanding is that auto-CLI's from Chase are as rare as hen's teeth.

I for one have never gotten one. I've been with them a year and a half.

I'm financing my weddings and getting reimbursed by my future father-in-law. Along with a few business trip expenses I've pushed 10k through the card and paid in full each month. I guess its what Chase likes.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, sometimes creditors send you an email if they haven't tracked any usage after the CLI. Discover does this to me a lot where if I login and stumble upon a CLI and use the card pretty close after receiving the CLI, I won't get a notice. If I get a CLI and don't use the card I get a "Congratulations on your new CLI" email.

For me, I think it's their way of being like "look we gave you your CLI that you've been complaining about, and you haven't even used the card, so go knock yourself out with it." Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kree I’m trying to figure out their process with auto-CLI. I too cycled through my entire CL during that period. Perhaps that’s part of it. The other theory is that lower starting limits are more likely to get them. But if the limit is lower, it’s easier to cycle through the CL. I’m speculating at best. Congrats again though.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Chase CLI.

I've had my Freedom for two years with no love at all

Message 8 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv. Lol, i assume they are done automarically hence no noticeSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on CLI and welcome to the auto-CLI- rarity club! 😁. I received an auto-CLI of $7000 within 3 months of opening csr with heavy use and carrying a balance, although I would make large-sum payments. I was on cloud 9 for awhile when checking my acct as I normally would taking notice of it.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.