Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 3x CLI!!!

tag
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

Chase Freedom 3x CLI!!!

Okay so I had a Chase Freedom card for about 2 years, with a measly limit of $2,400. Today I called Chase and requested a CLI of $8,000 and was instantly approved. That's over 3x of the initial $2,400 credit limit!!!! Of course I took the hard pull. YMMV

My question is can I call and have my "platinum" card turned into a signature card? Also does a signature card negatively impact your credit since it doesn't report a balance (I know this question has been asked a hundred times)? Thanks and I hope my post helps others achieve a higher credit limit with Chase.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom 3x CLI!!!

@HenryJumbo wrote:

Okay so I had a Chase Freedom card for about 2 years, with a measly limit of $2,400. Today I called Chase and requested a CLI of $8,000 and was instantly approved. That's over 3x of the initial $2,400 credit limit!!!! Of course I took the hard pull. YMMV

My question is can I call and have my "platinum" card turned into a signature card? Also does a signature card negatively impact your credit since it doesn't report a balance (I know this question has been asked a hundred times)? Thanks and I hope my post helps others achieve a higher credit limit with Chase.

I believe it has been reported that Chase reports CL on signature cards...may have been the case looong time ago that they didn't report CL.

I'm sure others will chime in if I am wrong.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 2 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Visa Signature cards almost all report their limits. (I know BoA, Chase, Citi, and Capital One all do.) There will be no negative effect of this.

Regarding your visa signature status, you might send a secure message to request this?
Message 3 of 14
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I'll chime in. My Sapphire Preferred's credit line is reported on all 3 reports so I agree the above poster's right. Also, last week I had my credit line raised from 1.5k to 5k. I sent a secure message that nite to see if it was possible to upgrade the card to visa signature since the card now had a 5k cl. Couple days later I got a call from lending analyst who verified some info and "approved my request".

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 4 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the CLI. As for signature cards  most do report as flexible spending cards but with CL and balance. You can call or SM to convert your card. Hope you will be luckier than me with this mission Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your excellent CLI Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats!! When I'm ready for the HP I only hope mine will be as successful!

Message 7 of 14
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Congrats man! I only have a CL of $1000 with my Chase (Amazon Visa Rewards), I plan on asking for a CLI to $3000 one day Smiley Happy

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 8 of 14
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.