Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approval

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom Approval

Maybe this will help anyone curious and considering their chances at the Freedom card.  I was on the fence regarding this card, but someone told me it was worth a shot.  I got an instant 2k CL.

I listed below some basics on my reports and since I am rebuilding, obviously I had a few baddies in the past.  I have a Co showing zero balance from 3-4 yrs ago and one with a balance that will fall off in January.  I have a lot of lates from a severe 2-3 yr period from 2006-2009ish.  I was approved in Oct/Nov for my first two CCs I have had in so many years, I can't remember the last one I had.  Cap One 1k CL and Walmart 1k (just got CLI a few weeks ago from 700).

Currently

Total UTIL = approx 21% (until payment clears which will put me under 8%)  This only cleared this evening so it would still have still shown 21%

All reports purchased this past week.  EQ, TU from here, and EX from their site. 

TU = 673

AAOA  = 8 yrs

INQs    = 2  (1 falls off in a month)

EQ = 654

AAOA  = 10 yrs

INQs    = 1

EX = 673

INQs  = 2

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approval

Freedom is a great card enjoy it and congratsSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats!  What limit did you get? If you don't mind sharingSmiley Wink

Message 3 of 15
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 4 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Maybe this will help anyone curious and considering their chances at the Freedom card.  I was on the fence regarding this card, but someone told me it was worth a shot.  I listed below some basics on my reports and since I am rebuilding, obviously I had a few baddies in the past.  I have a Co showing zero balance from 3-4 yrs ago and one with a balance that will fall off in January.  I have a lot of lates from a severe 2-3 yr period from 2006-2009ish.  I was approved in Oct/Nov for my first two CCs I have had in so many years, I can't remember the last one I had.  Cap One 1k CL and Walmart 1k (just got CLI a few weeks ago from 700).

Currently

Total UTIL = approx 21% (until payment clears which will put me under 8%)  This only cleared this evening so it would still have still shown 21%

All reports purchased this past week.  EQ, TU from here, and EX from their site. 

TU = 673

AAOA  = 8 yrs

INQs    = 2  (1 falls off in a month)

EQ = 654

AAOA  = 10 yrs

INQs    = 1

EX = 673

INQs  = 2

Congrats on your approval!!! I really would have loved to set foot in the door with Chase but afraid to get denied again. Tried last August on no dice. They run EX here in Nevada and i have 2 paid collections under 2 years old and one paid charge off from 2007 and one unpaid for the same year. Last August my EX score was around 673 (according to Amex). Just got approved for a BoA card and they ran EX so waiting for letter with score (didnt get the best offer from them so expect it).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 5 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Oops I forgot.  I had to call the automated number to find out it is 2k.  I forgot to post that, but I did in a more obscure post earlier.  I shall edit this one so others will be able to see and compare

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 15
TyLey

Congrats. I was just reading your other thread and was about to reply about agreeing to the Freedom card . Glad you got approved.

Starting Score: 591 (2/09)
Current Score: EX 730 EQ 704 TU 701 CK 731 CS 745 (updated 3/13)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge In the Garden since 3/14/2013
Message 7 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@TyLey wrote:

Congrats. I was just reading your other thread and was about to reply about agreeing to the Freedom card . Glad you got approved.

Thanks.  Yeah that was a little more hidden there in that thread, so I wanted to post it separate so people who may be researching and thinking about the card could compare their situation. 

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 8 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

dodgerslv wrote:Congrats on your approval!!! I really would have loved to set foot in the door with Chase but afraid to get denied again. Tried last August on no dice. They run EX here in Nevada and i have 2 paid collections under 2 years old and one paid charge off from 2007 and one unpaid for the same year. Last August my EX score was around 673 (according to Amex). Just got approved for a BoA card and they ran EX so waiting for letter with score (didnt get the best offer from them so expect it).

Well, I got the 30 day message from the BOA123 minutes before the Freedom app.  I believe they will have pulled my EX here as well and looks like we have the same EX score, with your other being a bit higher than mine.  But, the past two years on mine are not too bad.  It is the 2006-2009ish period that really drags me down.  But, time heals.

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 9 of 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

dodgerslv wrote:Congrats on your approval!!! I really would have loved to set foot in the door with Chase but afraid to get denied again. Tried last August on no dice. They run EX here in Nevada and i have 2 paid collections under 2 years old and one paid charge off from 2007 and one unpaid for the same year. Last August my EX score was around 673 (according to Amex). Just got approved for a BoA card and they ran EX so waiting for letter with score (didnt get the best offer from them so expect it).

Well, I got the 30 day message from the BOA123 minutes before the Freedom app.  I believe they will have pulled my EX here as well and looks like we have the same EX score, with your other being a bit higher than mine.  But, the past two years on mine are not too bad.  It is the 2006-2009ish period that really drags me down.  But, time heals.

Yeah, have baddies from 2007 that are still lingering on. The collections from 2010 are the ones that are preventing me from apping for Chase again...I know they are good at recon but still have quite a few inquries on my EX report. I heard they are inquiry sensitive.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.