Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved! Ask for CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Approved! Ask for CLI?

I recently applied for the Chase Freedom Card, and on calling the automated application status number today, I was told that it was approved with a 500$ SL. Does it make sense to call and ask for a higher starting limit? I just got my first credit card (Discover it for students, SL 1750) 7 months back, and my TU, EX scores are 735+

Also, how long does it take for the card to show up online? Can I ask for the card to be expedited?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved! Ask for CLI?

Welcome to the forum and congrats 

Asking for a CLI on a new card with Chase will result in another HP and your request still may not yield positive results ....Ouch sorry 

Do you currently have any other account with Chase? This will determine your online account setup

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello. I already have a checking and savings account with Chase (part of the reason why I applied).

The reason I asked is that some people had reported on these forums that they were able to get higher SL on Chase card by calling them up. Also, does it hurt to call and ask? They will ask for confirmation if a HP is required, right?

Message 3 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello. I already have a checking and savings account with Chase (part of the reason why I applied).

The reason I asked is that some people had reported on these forums that they were able to get higher SL on Chase card by calling them up

This is true ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

However just be aware that it will cost you another HP and in most cases you will not see an increase (80%)

Also what do your CR's look like because a $500 CL says either very new credit or baddies on CR's 

Which indicates a borderline approval and very low chances of getting a CLI  ....Sorry 

Chase likes to see history on new accounts before raising limits 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm OK. No idea about CR's. I'm a 22 year old int'l grad student, just got my SSN 8 months back, and my first card a month later. Been using it fairly regularly and responsibly, and TU score is 738, and EX is 769. It's not that I need the extra credit, but I do put enough spend on the cards (~500 pm) that I end up having to pay some money before the statement cuts to keep utilisation low. Getting a higher SL (1000-1500) would really help out over there. Thanks for the info anyway!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd garden for a bit then ask for a CLI
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.