Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Approved!!

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Chase Freedom Approved!!

Sorry for the sob story but I'm very emotional right now Smiley LOL

I began lurking these forums back in 2006 at 18 years old. My very first card, thanks to this forum was a Chase card. I treated it like a baby until I had a baby of my own. At 18 my credit went for a turn for the worst before it started and I unfortunately had the account closed. I struggled with debt and couldn't get back on my feet. Every year for almost 10 years I have applied with Chase (I felt like  I could redeem myself for my past mistakes) but every year all I could see was denied. I finally applied 20 days ago and said that it was my last try. I applied and cringed at the expected 7-10 day message. Oh well, game over. No message came or anything and I didn't think about it. Then today I get a call from Chase thinking it is my husband instead I go through security questions.

"Congratulations, you've been approved for a credit limit of $2,000"

I seriously started to ball my eyes out! After almost 10 years educating myself on these forums I finally have my redemption! Thanks so much you guys. My credit is so much better and now that I am older and wiser I finally feel secure!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
alextercero
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Approved!!

Congrats on the Approval

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for you. You almost have me crying over here...lol

Message 3 of 27
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Very glad to hear that Chase turned the page on the past. Many of us here on the forum have been thru it and know the feeling, so welcome back to the credit world and try to avoid the pitfalls of before. 

Message 4 of 27
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

myFico has definitely changed my life. I wouldn't be where  I am now without everyone's knowledge and risk lol

Message 5 of 27
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Congrats
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 6 of 27
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS, it's a slow process rebuilding let me tell you, but in the end it's worth it once you start getting approvals instead of denials!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool ... great feeling now that you are back in the credit world. Enjoy your new found Chase Freedom Card.
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice, congrats on the approval

Message 9 of 27
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

You're doing well on your credit journey, CONGRATS!!!
Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.